dirt bike for female rider? Need help!

Hi guys, I'm having trouble trying to find a dirt bike that is suitable.
My last bike was a CRF150f. Nice size, not too powerful.
However, I grew out of that one within about 6 months, I would say I'm slightly experienced and definitely not a beginner.

In the end I didn't feel comfortable standing up on my 150
I've tried riding my boyfriends KTM 200 and i can hardly touch the ground, which doesn't help my confidence!

I'm 60 kgs, (130pounds) and 5'3 tall.
Any chicks out there been in the same situation or have can help with advice in any way would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks ✌️

Hey Reno! What sort of riding do you do? How about getting a bike lowered? I'm the same height and weight as you, I just got a ktm 350 excf, lowered professionally. I had a freeride which is really light and not too tall, if you're just after something to have a ride here and there on it'd be ideal, I only sold it because I want to ride it on the road as well.

Hey Reno! What sort of riding do you do? How about getting a bike lowered? I'm the same height and weight as you, I just got a ktm 350 excf, lowered professionally. I had a freeride which is really light and not too tall, if you're just after something to have a ride here and there on it'd be ideal, I only sold it because I want to ride it on the road as well.
Hi
Thanks for getting back to me!
Mostly trail riding, but sometimes we go to our friends farm where the boys have made a track, so sometimes hitting jumps and stuff too.
We've just looked at the freeride but because of how new they are, they are quite expensive. Was looking for a second hand for around 4K
Maybe I might just have to bite the bullet and spend a bit more for reliability!

Thanks for the help,

One of the more serious trail riders up here added a "Freeride" to his collection. It looks like (and he agrees) it is excellent for slow work, but anything that looks like you are going to be in high gear or in the air is better left to other bikes.

For someone your size you may consider wanting a trail rig and a track rig if you want something you can fly on. You might (and probably would) like an 85/100 set up for you. I even like the small wheel ones with big bore kits since they brake good, have good suspension and they are LIGHT!! I currently have two projects on the backburner (parts sitting in the shop) to turn a couple of yz85's into something that larger people are happy on and that could be ridden on woodsy trails. I am 6 feet and about 165 and have a batch of larger stuff too, but I have had some reasons for wanting those two little bikes.

If you find a kx100 you may feel good on the trail or on the track with it.

The crf 230 or ttr230 are in between the 150 and ktm200. They are a great bike with plenty of power for even the most advanced rider.
Reno, I have a friend around your weight maybe an inch or 2 taller she loves her ttr230. Just enough power and excellent on trails.

the KDX200 is also tall, FYI. The 225 and 230 above are low power, poor suspension bikes snd HEAVY. You would probly have to get a 125 or 250 and have it lowered. You are an in between size on your height.

I'd recommend a 125cc 2 stroke with a Kouba lowering link. I put one on my bikes when I was growing up and it lowered the bike about 2.5" and it was only $80. Made the bike handle awesome in the woods too. I owned a CRF150F and a TT-R 230 for a very short time and the KX125 I had was hands down easier to handle. With the lowering link it was a tad shorter than a 230, but weighed a good 25lbs less.

Last edited: