Das Unimog

what is a unimog?
leadhead found this description online for me
“Unimog is the cockroach of all purpose vehicles. When the last H1 Hummer has turned to dust, when the final Land Rover has rotted into topsoil, there will still be Unimogs roaming the planet. You can’t kill them, they go anywhere and you can fix ‘em with a hammer and a screwdriver. Sure, parts can be hard to find, but you can always make your own. Sure, most ‘mogs won’t hit 60 miles per hour downhill with a strong tail wind, but who cares? It’s about getting from point A to point B when nothing else can.”

Basically, its designed to get things moving where nothing else will. Its powered by a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder diesel, it has 2 pto's, air assisted brakes, gear reduction boxes on each wheel. air lockers front and rear. Top speed is 45-50 mph
today we put 4 military take offs on it, 43x11R20 :thumb:
IMAGE_056-1.jpg

unimog.jpg

Ours served with the city as a snowplow, meaning it doesn't have jackshit for mileage on it, reason we got it? they wanted a new one. what did we pay? 1200.

I need one. I need it hard.

The possibilities with that thing. :hail:
I want a Unimog, or a Duece or something of that kinda nature. Daily drive that sumbitch. :smirk:

What's the displacement on that 4cyl diesel?

I need one. I need it hard.

The possibilities with that thing. :hail:
I want a Unimog, or a Duece or something of that kinda nature. Daily drive that sumbitch. :smirk:

What's the displacement on that 4cyl diesel?
to be honest with you, IDK :lol: I went searching for a build tag this morning and all I can tell you is that it has like 80 hp at 2,000 rpm :banana: