All D37 Desert Racing Change

Just an FYI for anyone that is thinking of trying their hand at desert racing.

District 37 has put in place, starting this weekend, the Pie Plate Racer. In the past, this is how new racers that wanted to check out desert racing without buying a District Card would race.

The cost is $10 for the weekend. So that would be the cost of the race that the club is putting on + $10. You use to have to buy a district number at $20 for the year, so you are saving $10 if you just want to do one event.

Also the AMA has stepped up and is allowing a one day membership as well at $20 so you do not have to spend $49 for a full membership at the races as well. The $20 is good for 90 days towards buying a full membership as well.

The combine savings is $39 if you are just going out to check an event out. I know some of you were looking into this and the upfront cost was a concern, well you can now use the extra $39 towards your fuel cost to fill the race scooter.

Also if you are thinking of getting the whole family an AMA Membership, you can now get The Family Membership, for $98. includes up to 5 memberships, one primary member gets full membership and all others have the competition rights. For this membership you must CALL 800 262 5646.

Just thought I would throw this out there to you all. There is a couple Euro Scrambles coming up in September that I have my eye on and maybe we can do a DBA representation out there. Maybe Shorty will cough up some shirts/bibs to wear to show the off-road world this site instead of all the MX stuff he only does....

If you have any questions, fire away and I will do my best to answer or find the answer for you.

Later - CDA

District 37 has put in place, starting this weekend, the Pie Plate Racer. In the past, this is how new racers that wanted to check out desert racing without buying a District Card would race.

The cost is $10 for the weekend. So that would be the cost of the race that the club is putting on + $10. You use to have to buy a district number at $20 for the year, so you are saving $10 if you just want to do one event.

Also the AMA has stepped up and is allowing a one day membership as well at $20 so you do not have to spend $49 for a full membership at the races as well. The $20 is good for 90 days towards buying a full membership as well.

The combine savings is $39 if you are just going out to check an event out. I know some of you were looking into this and the upfront cost was a concern, well you can now use the extra $39 towards your fuel cost to fill the race scooter.

Also if you are thinking of getting the whole family an AMA Membership, you can now get The Family Membership, for $98. includes up to 5 memberships, one primary member gets full membership and all others have the competition rights. For this membership you must CALL 800 262 5646.

Just thought I would throw this out there to you all. There is a couple Euro Scrambles coming up in September that I have my eye on and maybe we can do a DBA representation out there. Maybe Shorty will cough up some shirts/bibs to wear to show the off-road world this site instead of all the MX stuff he only does....

If you have any questions, fire away and I will do my best to answer or find the answer for you.

Later - CDA

All my lawn maintanance might be complete by then..... :smirk: ...... :wave: PLUS no birthdays to get in the way! This might be doable... :shocked:

All my lawn maintanance might be complete by then..... :smirk: ...... :wave: PLUS no birthdays to get in the way! This might be doable... :shocked:
Really?! You would enter a race or just come out and be a cheerleader? There is one staging at Slash X in September.

Cool, we can do the Switchback 200 together.:smirk:
:thinking: "CDA Racing Presents - The Switchback 200" That's right 200 miles a razor sharp switchbacks, climbing and descending the great hills of California.

I just purchased AMA Memberships for me and GMan 30 days ago :bonk:
Bumper...Well now you are both good for a year. Prospector's Dual Euro in September will be in Cal City...:ride:

Really?! You would enter a race or just come out and be a cheerleader? There is one staging at Slash X in September.

:thinking: "CDA Racing Presents - The Switchback 200" That's right 200 miles a razor sharp switchbacks, climbing and descending the great hills of California.

Bumper...Well now you are both good for a year. Prospector's Dual Euro in September will be in Cal City...:ride:

:thinking:

Later - CDA
get me more info on where and when on the races and i will try to put a plan in order so i can make them.

The Switchback 200... might have to re think that idea...... :loco:... but seriously, depending on how many miles it is I would consider it PLUS... We could get out to the rez on Friday, spend the night, drive over to the Staging area which isn't that far... race, come back to the rez for after race (cheerleading) commencements... bench racing, bbq (ord inner of some sort..... :smirk:)

Just a thought.... :thumb:

get me more info on where and when on the races and i will try to put a plan in order so i can make them.
I will post up a couple upcoming events with fliers if they are available.:thumb:

The Switchback 200... might have to re think that idea...... :loco:... but seriously, depending on how many miles it is I would consider it PLUS... We could get out to the rez on Friday, spend the night, drive over to the Staging area which isn't that far... race, come back to the rez for after race (cheerleading) commencements... bench racing, bbq (ord inner of some sort..... :smirk:)

Just a thought.... :thumb:
That could be a good idea. I know one that is coming up at Slash X in September. I believe it is a dual euro on Sat (you would race 2 events that day) and a Hare Scramble on Sunday (a separate 35+ mile loop that is run twice.) The Dual Euro I heard is 2 different roughly 11 mile courses and one course is pretty high speed (easy) as the other is more technical).

I will post up a couple upcoming events with fliers if they are available.:thumb:

That could be a good idea. I know one that is coming up at Slash X in September. I believe it is a dual euro on Sat (you would race 2 events that day) and a Hare Scramble on Sunday (a separate 35+ mile loop that is run twice.) The Dual Euro I heard is 2 different roughly 11 mile courses and one course is pretty high speed (easy) as the other is more technical).

Hmmmmm :thinking: high speed... I could do high speed.... didn't say I WOULD do high speed, could if I wanted to.... :smirk: and then comes the technical (ROCKS in laymans terms).... another of my favorites! :hyper:

just a suggestion rez.... do lots of acutal riding before you try a race. :smirk: that means putting the lawnmower down and actually throwing your leg over a bike.

If he is lifting his lawnmower, then he is in good shape...:shocked:

I'd be interested but I will wait until it starts to cool off in the Dez. Still in the 90's in Sept.

Yeah, but with the euro scrambles, they run different classes and we are all in different classes (Me being in the dinosaur class), so we can cheer each other on. There is nothing better, then coming in off a loop and having a bunch of people screaming super loud for you. :lol: The other spectators just look at you and wonder if the guy riding is some famous dude or something. Once the winter or cooler months hit, they then turn into scrambles or Hare & Hounds and we would all be scattered on the same course at the same time. We would only have Rack and Rez in the pits dumping gas, cleaning our goggles, giving us water and patting us on the backs before sending us on another 40+ fun filled mile loop.