Cuddieback to Inscription Ride

The weather as we all know was better than perfect.
thumb.gif
I was determined to find my way to Inscription Canyon from Cuddieback Lake. We started out from our camp off Fremont Peak Road and headed to the far north end of the Cuddieback Lake. From there we headed east to a trail and took that south east through the wilderness area and down to the Husky Memorial. We then took the trail heading further south east and worked out way until we came upon a single rider who gave us some vague directions to reach our destination. After riding a bit longer and thinking about our gas situation I suddenly realized that I was familiar with an area we approached and there it was, Inscription Canyon.
banana.gif
We talked to a couple of older guys sitting there and they directed us to another trail that would take us back the way we came from but with some different scenery. We made our way back with all of us getting nervous about fuel and when we were about 2 miles from camp my one buddy had to stop and turn on his reserve. My son, my other friend and I made it all the way back to camp with no switching to reserve and we traveled 78 miles.
shocked.gif
I must admit we did not have a whole lot of gas left in our tanks. More to come.

First thread got wiggy on my and pictures got lost. Anyway, the next day we decided to head over to Inscription from the south west. Headed down toward Harper Lake and then east to some very unfamiliar areas. DSCN1665.jpg This thing is acting strange with very small pictures now. More to come.

Okay, so far so good. We found a nice long trail and headed into the mountains. Got into several miles of some good deep sand but my boy pulls up and tells me this is fun instead of the usual pissing and moaning. DSCN1671.jpgDSCN1672.jpg You can see the solar power plant down by Hinkley in the distance. DSCN1670.jpg My son checking out the scenery and contemplating his next maneuver. And we have a shot of by buddy 525 showing off a bit. DSCN1673.jpg I thought I would attempt the Tim and Trav self portrait. DSCN1669.jpg Caught my boy goofing around on some track stuff we found. DSCN1668.jpg Then I see my 2 buddies wondering if they should go that way or that way. DSCN1677.jpg We covered another 68 miles on this ride with all new scenery. DSCN1675.jpgDSCN1678.jpg We then get back for our New Years Eve festivities. Great trip and Happy New Year to all of you. DSCN1627.jpgDSCN1636.jpg This is a 1980 250 Husky one of my friends rode for a while. More party pics. DSCN1660.jpgDSCN1641.jpg DSCN1652.jpg DSCN1654.jpg DSCN1639.jpg DSCN1645.jpg DSCN1623.jpg I was told something about Mini Me. :thinking:
pencil.png

We all start out for our journey. The guy on the far end rides a 450, my son on the 150 and my other buddy and I are on the 530's and the only one that runs out of gas is the 450. :thinking: DSCN1663.jpg

you and your son have the same frow :thumb:

good stuff so far 530... i have only been out in that area a couple times (not same spots but that general area :P) and i really like it out there.

Great report 530, we were talking about gassing up and heading your way to crash your place, but we never made it that way.

My son now has a "mini me" :smirk: And that mine me tasted the "22" and liked it:thumb: Rack is sooo in trouble...:thinking:

Great report 530, we were talking about gassing up and heading your way to crash your place, but we never made it that way.

My son now has a "mini me" :smirk: And that mine me tasted the "22" and liked it:thumb: Rack is sooo in trouble...:thinking:

Dave you have no idea. All I have heard about is, "why did you bring that pipe home"

James

Staff member
Looks like you guys had a blast! :ride:

BTW sorry for the website hiccup that caused you some trouble in getting this posted. :(