250F Crf250f forks

Hey so I'm new to the dirt bike world. I have a new crf250f.
I wanted to remove the black rubber fork boots ( I just think they look tacky) I'm just wondering what else should I do for protection? I just want more of the MX look for the front forks. For seals? I sounds like a noob, but what are those plastic covers on the forks on the 250r.

I get that.. but there's many bikes out there that have exposed forks. And use better looking covers. Or the plastic ones starting from the base of the fork rather than the rubber boots on the crf250f. Just wanting to do it the right way without having those rubber ones.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Seal savers are my personal preference to seal protection, and ditched my fork guard immediately.
To each his own, though. It looks like they sell some replacement fork guards on rmatv or cyclegear for your bike. They usually bolt to the bottom of the fork, and clamp a guide around the upper stanchion. - BIG DAN :thumb:

Seal savers are my personal preference to seal protection, and ditched my fork guard immediately.
To each his own, though. It looks like they sell some replacement fork guards on rmatv or cyclegear for your bike. They usually bolt to the bottom of the fork, and clamp a guide around the upper stanchion. - BIG DAN :thumb:
Hey thanks man! I'll check them out. Yeah I still want protection obviously, but these rubber boots gotta go!

SRC
xr6_front_end.jpg