Crazy Cliff Mountain Lion Spotting Ride Report.

PBK was in town so i showed him around the San Diego Trails for a few hours then the next day we headed up to Baldy Mesa to meet Timoyz. Was raining on and off the whole way. the pass looked like this
2ik5hlu.jpg

Then we got some breakfast at McDonalds and went to meet Timoyz. While Gearing up the rangers pull in and start checking everyones bikes for sparkys and Green stickers. First up was Timoyz and everything was in order. Next up was PBK... he takes his stick and probes his exhaust pipe, slowly inserting it and it keeps going farther and farther.. PBK has no spark arrestor. I remember i keep my screen from the PMB end cap in my toolbox. so we pull that out and it fits like its made for his pipe. So the Volunteer ranger gets in the truck and starts to drive away, Then the lady sitting in the truck stops him and gets out. She is the real ranger and comes up to PBK and says where is your green sticker. He tells her how he is out of state. She ended up being the coolest ranger i ever encountered. Said she rides a KTM and is gonna let us off with a warning and let PBK ride. :rocker: So we gear up and off we go.

We are all having a good time when we come across some other riders who wanted to join us. We tell them sure but they didnt have the experience or the bikes to get up some of the hill climbs we were trying. We still waited for them and they knew they were holding us up so they took off on their own. next we head to the sand hill climbs. I only boogie up it once(i got a clip mixed in the video so you only see my run to it, i dont want to spend 3 hours encoding and uploading to fix it) then head down and we rest in that area for a bit.

This is where it got crazy.... As we are chillin two kids come up one on a 450 and another ona 250, both of them came down the sand hills fast as hell. Then one goes up the hard side i cant ever make and makes it all the way. the one on the 250 couldnt get up tho. He trys a few different lines a few times and decides he is gonna take the fireroad that goes around to the left. So we watch him go over the hill and it looks like a steep drop but never thought anything about it. Then his buddy comes down and asks where his friend went, so we pointed him towards the fire oad and he starts heading that way. Then 2 guys on quads come down and with a panic look they ask us if that was our friend because he just rode off a cliff. We all go into holy shit mode getting ready to call 911 and head over there. Turns out the kid went over rode it down most the way and crashed right before a 5 to 10ft edge. We are all amzed he is ok. I start thinking about how we can make it safer when i hear the quad guy yell something about there being a mountain lion 150 yards from him. Im thinking this guy is one cold hearted soab to be joking with the kid while he is still down there. Turns out it was no joke. I never actually spotted the mt lion but PBK and Timoyz did. i have video of the whole fiasco ill upload later. The kid hikes up and only has a few scratches, hops on the back of his buddys bike and they ride out with the plan of going to the road down below and getting the bike with their truck.

So we were off to do some more exploring and riding. Came across all the burn. Then rode to the tree to see if it burnt. You could tell firefighters saved the tree cause the bottom part was all burned and there was fresh chainsawed branches. Thank you figherfighters.

So here is the Ride video. Its not my best cause my camera was pointed a tad bit low for my liking. as always watch in 720p if possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK3oE9dCVm4

ill upload the footage showing the cliff and me geeking out over the situation in a bit.

WOW!! quite an eventful ride!!! haha. lots of people and situations.. that's sketch man. glad that guy was ok!
I wish the Arizona rangers were that cool uugghh!
nice video!! looks like you hit some sweet trails! pretty cool little ridge area too!!!

Exciting day! That Mt. lion was probably all confused after the fire.

Yes, thank you firefighters for saving the one and only tree there!

Good RR Trav.:thumb: I look forward to checking out the rest of the video.

Killer video Travace.:thumb: Also, again, thanks for letting me join in. After watching your video, I can say great avoidance skills.:hail: That was my biggest concern riding there on a holiday, but the wet dirt in the morning was well worth it.:banana: Then to include the kid on the 250, nothing like riding a 70 degree slope for 1200 feet, get it stopped after a tumble at the end, then think yeah I made it, to only find out you crashed into a pretty freakin huge mountain lions pad.:shocked: I would have climbed back up too.:lol:

Edit; I guess I need to spread it around first, I owe you some Roost. :prof:

being at work I couldn't watch the whole thing but what I saw was ....:shocked:....wowsa...great job. I think you have a future in TraV productions! :prof:.....:smirk:

Killer video Travace.:thumb: Also, again, thanks for letting me join in. After watching your video, I can say great avoidance skills.:hail: That was my biggest concern riding there on a holiday, but the wet dirt in the morning was well worth it.:banana: Then to include the kid on the 250, nothing like riding a 70 degree slope for 1200 feet, get it stopped after a tumble at the end, then think yeah I made it, to only find out you crashed into a pretty freakin huge mountain lions pad.:shocked: I would have climbed back up too.:lol:

Edit; I guess I need to spread it around first, I owe you some Roost. :prof:

have the Corral Canyon trails in SD as your home trials for a few months and other places are cake as far as head ons go. i think i added another skid mark to my undies when i seen teh guy doing a wheelie coming up that hill tho.