2 Stroke CR250 Clutch removal problem - flywheel stuck on shaft

I'm trying to rebuild this lower end from a 98 CR250 but I cant get the clutch basket/flywheel off, and I'm not sure why.
I've got all the plates and everything removed, but the basket/flywheel only comes up about 5/8" then stops.
It appears that there is another geared piece that rides on the inside of it that when pulled up comes with it - see black arrow in photo.
I feel like taking a punch to that piece and hitting it while I pull upward on the basket and seeing if that frees it up, but that requires an extra set of arms, and I dont want to mess it up, so I figured I would ask you guys first.

What am I doing wrong here?
98 cr250 clutch.JPG

I don't want to give advice on a motor I haven't worked on...but, I would look at the parts diagram and see if there is any other clip or such under it. I also do agree that it may need a rap with a hammer or even heat to loosen it up, but like I said I would look further first. It may be seized on that inner collar.

I checked the parts fiche, I've got everything loose or removed that can be.
I thought it should just pop out too, but it ain't.
It almost feels like its catching on something underneath, but I dont see how that can be either...hmmm...

I checked the parts fiche, I've got everything loose or removed that can be.
I thought it should just pop out too, but it ain't.
It almost feels like its catching on something underneath, but I dont see how that can be either...hmmm...

Hold the motor up by the basket and then tap the shaft with a brass hammer.

Hold the motor up by the basket and then tap the shaft with a brass hammer.
That's exactly what I did.
I had to wait for the neighbor to get home first though so he could hold it up.
It came off with a few stiff whacks.

Now hopefully that parts washer isn't coming from Miami.

It's not mine. It's the local cable guys' bike.
I sold that Magna that I had on Saturday and while loading it up he was at the neighbors house checking his internet and he saw us out there.
So he sees all the bikes, comes over to give us a hand loading it and shot the shit for about an hour in my garage afterwards.
He had just bought his kid a dirtbike and wants to get his old bike running again and asked me if I knew how to rebuild a lower end.
Turns out he had it in his van, so he left it with me to take a look at and call him with a prognosis. I'm in the process of tearing it down right now, and waiting on that parts washer to show up. I'll probably end up rebuilding that whole bike I'm guessing.

How far proud of the bearing are these hold downs allowed to be?
I dont remember them sitting this far above the bearing when I took them out, but that was 3-4 weeks ago now.
The bearing is bottomed out.
100_3146r.JPG

Next questions;
Is it better to install the transmission into the right side first?
I have it in the left side right now and its jamming up.
Is it possible to have the shift drum in 180 out?

I have always put the transmission together in the right case so the drum and all can be fitted and the trans tested prior to installing the left half.
Yes the drum cam be installed 180 degs out but will not work.
Paw Paw