Concealed Weapons Permit

I paid my $67.00 to the county sheriff, got finger-printed, got interviewed for 1/2 hour, background checked, completed a 10 hour course with 2 hours of range time, submitted my whereabouts since I was 18 years old (seriously!), got a note from my mother, and gave them my hat size! They are very precise in knowing you before they issue a permit!

I don't want to carry when I grocery shop, I just want to be legal carrying guns in my truck or car going to and from my cabin, which I have been doing illegally, and unknowingly for years!

My job dictates that I go into shady sides of town sometimes. I feel better about having a chicken-shit .380 auto under the seat or in my waistband.

It is there legally.

So there! :P

Indiana James :smirk: does not have a reciprocity agreement with Ohio, so pack your heater accordingly if you ever venture into our territory!

I think everyone that has a handgun should get a CCW permit if their state permits it. It's a legal issue. You can't carry a firearm in a vehicle with ammo that is available to the occupants without a CCW. Well shit! I do that all the time! I have cased firearms with ammo in the same case. Just to protect yourself from legal crap from carrying a gun to and from ranges or hunting spots, get the CCW! I have had friends walk out of the woods from a deer hunt, and be within X feet of a road and get $185 ticket. :prof:

This has been a public service message from Buckrun.

:banana:

I would love to get one for the piece of mind but here in this f---ed up state where I live only the bad guys can carry guns. :devil: I do as you used to do, very carefully. :thumb:

James

Staff member
:shocked: Seriously Buck, you just now got your CCW permit? I've had mine since I was 18, couldn't legally buy a handgun but yet I could carry one at that age. (yeah figure that out) :lol: :facepalm:

Wow they really make you jump through hoops. :bonk: All I had to do was fill out a form, get fingerprinted, pass a background check, and wait 5-6 months for the state to approve it. :rocker: Plus no handgun certs are required.

Yeah last I heard Ohio still wasn't playing nice with the Indiana permit, however I'm never in Ohio so it's not that big of a deal. Thankfully Michigan recognizes it though, as I'm up there on a weekly basis. :thumb:

BTW does Ohio offer a lifetime permit? I switched mine to that when I renewed it this year.

:shocked: Seriously Buck, you just now got your CCW permit? I've had mine since I was 18, couldn't legally buy a handgun but yet I could carry one at that age. (yeah figure that out) :lol: :facepalm:

Wow they really make you jump through hoops. :bonk: All I had to do was fill out a form, get fingerprinted, pass a background check, and wait 5-6 months for the state to approve it. :rocker: Plus no handgun certs are required.

Yeah last I heard Ohio still wasn't playing nice with the Indiana permit, however I'm never in Ohio so it's not that big of a deal. Thankfully Michigan recognizes it though, as I'm up there on a weekly basis. :thumb:

BTW does Ohio offer a lifetime permit? I switched mine to that when I renewed it this year.

Ohio requires a re-certification of competency on the range every 5 years. So it will cost me $$ to do that.

I'm good with that, minus the $$, as I reload 38, 357, 44, 44mag, 9mm, 40, 45, 45 long colt! I shoot like a M-Fer!

Dillon makes a fine progressive reloader if you invest in the dies!:ride: It's a good way to spend a bad outside winter afternoon, inside, doing something productive with some tunes!

James

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, does Ohio require concealed carry or is open allowed? (Highly recommend that you don't open carry)

Indiana is silent on this, either one is fine. Michigan on the other hand is concealed only, however due to how they accept the Indiana permit I can technically open carry in Michigan. :facepalm: Is it just me or are laws just F'ed up at times? :lol:

Just out of curiosity, does Ohio require concealed carry or is open allowed? (Highly recommend that you don't open carry)

Indiana is silent on this, either one is fine. Michigan on the other hand is concealed only, however due to how they accept the Indiana permit I can technically open carry in Michigan. :facepalm: Is it just me or are laws just F'ed up at times? :lol:

Ohio is awesome! You can open carry on your belt, or have a CCW and do whatever the hell you want with it! Sept 30 changed the laws in Ohio that says if you have a CCW, you can pretty much do what you want in terms of carrying. It can be in your car in any fashion. It can be carried in any fashion. You can even go into a bar with it as long as you aren't drinking. You can go into most any place, minus schools and law areas, packing, if you are weird enough to think you need to do so! Awesome, huh? 2nd amendment rules!

I'm good with that, minus the $$, as I reload 38, 357, 44, 44mag, 9mm, 40, 45, 45 long colt! I shoot like a M-Fer!

So what's up with carrying a .380? At least pack the 9mm or better the 40.

More seriously if I lived somewhere that I could get one I would have it. Actually it's not as bad here in Cali as long as you are away from the coast as it is up to the counties. Some are almost shall issue and others like LA county never issue. Sadly I'm about 40 miles too close to the ocean.

So what's up with carrying a .380? At least pack the 9mm or better the 40.

More seriously if I lived somewhere that I could get one I would have it. Actually it's not as bad here in Cali as long as you are away from the coast as it is up to the counties. Some are almost shall issue and others like LA county never issue. Sadly I'm about 40 miles too close to the ocean.

Cleonard,

I won this .380 in an NRA/ILA banquet/raffle. It was a freebee! It came with an inside-the-trouser holster. The whole gig is cool as a concealed gun, very small, but it's not a weapon of choice. It makes noise and is a .22 on steroids.

As a concealed carry, it's OK. Sure, I'd rather have a bigger caliber. But I think given it's small profile and "free" cost, I'll roll with it! My bet is it will sting like a M-Fer if you got tagged with it! I don't know, I'm just guessing!

If I had my druthers, I'd carry a 2" snub nosed hammerless Smith and Wesson Liteweight revolver in .357 caliber.

Just sayin!

James

Staff member
Buck with you being as big of a guy as you are you could probably hide a S&W 500 Magnum. :lol: Me on the other hand, not so much. :bonk:

If I remember right you weren't a big Glock fan, however they do have a pretty good compact .40 (G27). :thumb:

Buck with you being as big of a guy as you are you could probably hide a S&W 500 Magnum. :lol: Me on the other hand, not so much. :bonk:

If I remember right you weren't a big Glock fan, however they do have a pretty good compact .40 (G27). :thumb:

I pack two big azz guns with me everywhere I go and they never run out of ammo, plus I don't need any permits to carry them... I carry them out in the open with pride :smirk:

Buck, my dad packs a .380LCP and keeps it loaded at our house at all time on his dresser :devil: unless we go through a bad spot, then its under the seat of the car :devil:

James

Staff member
Buck, my dad packs a .380LCP and keeps it loaded at our house at all time on his dresser :devil: unless we go through a bad spot, then its under the seat of the car :devil:
:thinking: Why not get another one that way you always have one at each location?