Compression issues??

About a year ago i was riding my RM250 it was running awesome up until when i got near camp, luckily, it stalled out. I tried kicking it over and there was 0 compression what so ever would could cause this??? thanks :)

Probably time for a over haul... Could be a base or head gasket.

When was the last time for a top end?

Will need to check the cylinder, also. If you burnt a piston doown more than likely its going to need the cylinder replated.

O
Probably time for a over haul... Could be a base or head gasket.

When was the last time for a top end?

Will need to check the cylinder, also. If you burnt a piston doown more than likely its going to need the cylinder replated.
k cool thanks :) and I don't think it ever had a time for top end because it was sitting in my uncle garage for years. He bought it in 1986-87 I think and he never used it. Then gave it to me and my dad and I looked over the carb cleaned that out and it ran fine for a while. Thanks again though :)

The older ones might have a steel liner in the cylinder.. (I'm not positive, but someone on here will be able to tell you for sure or not.) ....

yep you could have burnt a hole right in the top of the piston. First thing I would do is pop off the pipe and have look. you can get a good look at the top of the piston and check some of the cylinder wall. If you can't see anything wrong, then do a compression check with a gauge.

Then report back what you find. We lurvs this kinda chit :thumb: good luck, hope its just a stuck ring or something simple.

yep you could have burnt a hole right in the top of the piston. First thing I would do is pop off the pipe and have look. you can get a good look at the top of the piston and check some of the cylinder wall. If you can't see anything wrong, then do a compression check with a gauge.

Then report back what you find. We lurvs this kinda chit :thumb: good luck, hope its just a stuck ring or something simple.
thanks! will do appreciate it :)

Exactly Jess :thumb: Or, you can just sell it to my son so we can put it in my shed and I have another project that never gets completed........:thumb: