Clutching and finger position

Take a ride with me and see what I do with my clutch fingers. Come on lets go...

GOPR4470.jpg

ONE FINGER
GOPR4440.jpg

TWO FINGER
GOPR0931.jpg

THREE FINGER
GOPR4727.jpg

FOUR FINGER
GOPR1213.jpg

AND THE BEST AND OFTEN USED....MIDDLE FINGER:smirk:
GOPR1492.jpg

So, this is how I ride. I am not concious of my finger placement, nor do I really care. It has never been a problem. I almost always use all of my fingers on the brake lever but, for some reason when clutching it's whatever finger grabs the lever first. Anyone else do this?

Speaking of clutching, I never knew how to clutch up a hill till recently. I always used to "hammer" up them. Now Im working on the clutching technique I was recently taught. Ten years later I found this out!:lol:

DO you really clutch with your middle finger Trav? I know you like to use it a lot:lol: Im just curious how many others do this. I also drive with two feet and NOT one resting on the brake.

SRAD97750

Staff member
If you've ridden with me, you know, I need help with a second hand to use my WR500's clutch. It's STIFF.

But, 4 is my normal for clutch, and 2 on the shortened front brake lever at all times.
Same on my streetbike. 4 and 2 -BIG DAN:thumb:

Im guessing it is nice to have a soft clutch. Can you soften the one you have or is that just the way they are? Why the shorter brake lever? You just prefer it? Easier?

DO you really clutch with your middle finger Trav? I know you like to use it a lot:lol: Im just curious how many others do this. I also drive with two feet and NOT one resting on the brake.
yea i clutch with middle finger... it just seems comfy that way.... by the end of the day especially if its a lot of tight stuff i switch to two when my middle finger starts getting tired

SRAD97750

Staff member
Im guessing it is nice to have a soft clutch. Can you soften the one you have or is that just the way they are? Why the shorter brake lever? You just prefer it? Easier?
I have since purchased a longer-throw perch, new cable, a longer clutch arm(at the crank-case), and adjusted it PERFECTLY. It's alot better than before, but still stiffer than my HEAVY GSXR750 clutch. :noidea: I'm buff, I'll deal with it... :smirk:

yea i ... with middle finger... it just seems comfy that way.... by the end of the day especially if its a lot of tight stuff i switch to two when my middle finger starts getting tired
:devil: That's what she said! -BIGDAN:thumb:

yea i clutch with middle finger... it just seems comfy that way.... by the end of the day especially if its a lot of tight stuff i switch to two when my middle finger starts getting tired

Cool, Im not the only freak that does this.:thumb:

Soooooo is this so you can use our hands for other things??? :thinking:.... :confused: