Cleaning air box?

I always beleived that the oil ressadew in the air box was best to leave alone. Am I wrong to do so? I thought I read it in an old Dirt Rider mag maybe not. With the oil ressadew on the inside of the air box stops the dirt and dust from getting to the filter. In a sence it acts like a magnet. Is this wrong?

Is this normal for the Moderator approval to be attatched to my post? I am just trying to make sure I understand what it is. Never seen it before. At least not in my past post anyways. :noidea:

Is this normal for the Moderator approval to be attatched to my post? I am just trying to make sure I understand what it is. Never seen it before. At least not in my past post anyways. :noidea:
You posted on a product review thread. Those have to be approved by a Moderator or Admin.... I just moved your post to a new thread, Rather than clutter up a review thread. :)

I always beleived that the oil ressadew in the air box was best to leave alone. Am I wrong to do so? I thought I read it in an old Dirt Rider mag maybe not. With the oil ressadew on the inside of the air box stops the dirt and dust from getting to the filter. In a sence it acts like a magnet. Is this wrong?

I've always cleaned my air boxes.I'd rather have a air filter do the cleaning.