Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show October 2013

Nah I stripped my bike down enough to fit in my little Peugeot 306 SW and headed south alone 360 miles on a wing and a prayer that some kind hearted biker dude would help me carefully manouver my bike out of my little car so I could rebuild it and wheel it in to he dirtbike concours hall and bizarrely as I was rebuilding it in the GP paddock little be known to me at the time oh so Sir Sammy miller (AMA HALL OF FAMER ) who was there to show a couple of trial bikes and celebrate his 80th birthday came over and actually got excited by the prospect of me pulling my £6000 cr out of my £500 Peugeot and rebuilding it in the paddock
In a mad moment of twist of circumstance on the sunday we swapped posters as I had a rare 80's belstaff print of his 1950's Ariel and he very kindly quite litteraly ran away, pulled up a chair and removed a poster from the wall of the dirtbike concours hall, came back to me signed it to me and posed for a couple of photos with me!
Fooooook the rosette it made my weekend and year and decade!

Last edited:
It's a bit funny going to England and bringing a little respect back up to Scotland as almost my whole project was completed about. 600 yards/ metres from the spot where William Wallace true king of Scots. Was captured and dragged south 700 years ago to London for execution and all I can say is if you have a vote for independence for Scotland please for the sake of My Kids please vote yes!

Last edited:
It's a bit funny going to England and bringing a little respect back up to Scotland as almost my whole project was completed about. 600 yards/ metres from the spot where William Wallace true king of Scots. Was captured and dragged south 700 years ago to London for execution and all I can say is if you have a vote for independence for Scotland please for the sake of your Kids please vote yes!

Scotland as well as Ireland is on our to visit list. Kids want to make a trip to Ireland really bad for some reason :noidea: