China Problems

Okay, so here's the story. A friend of mine had a china quad and a china mini bike that they were throwing out to the street. Knowing that they ran fine before they sat for a couple years I thought hmmm, why not get a couple of free toys. So anyways, got the mini bike running great, rear tire was dry rotted to hell, tube wouldn't hold air. Old tire reads "3.00x12" so I ordered a Cheng Shin 12 inch tire, mounted it up with a new tube. After mounting it back on the bike and going for a test ride I realized something was weird with the rear wheel. Before installing the new tire I spun the wheel on the axle bolt and it was straight. Upon further inspection this is what I notice, the tire doesn't sit evenly around the rim. I put some marks on it so you'd get an idea what I'm talking about.
0D3CADB8-63EB-4572-877D-7AD3ED27AD2C-363-0000009BEAA7D901_zpsa6d7a052.jpg
I figured the bead just didn't seat right. I did the water and soap treatment on it, and bounced it on the ground like a basketball as Big Dan suggested. This was the first tire I had ever done on my own, so I didn't think anything of how difficult it was to install. My dad had to help me get it off because it was so tight, he said it was not normal (he's been throwing motorcycle tires on since he was a kid). I finally said eff the Cheng Shin tire and bout a Dunlop, SAME THING HAPPENED WITH THE DUNLOP!

So here's where I come to you asking if it's me or the rim. :cry:

Thank you for reading my riveting story. :smirk:

Stamped 12" .

If I'm feeling ambitious today I might TRY again. It's so difficult to get back off it tears up the tire so I don't know what the motha trucka to do.

I seen tubes be out of round basically weaker on one side causing it to stretch out first so one side will ballon out first causing your tire to seat faster on one side giving you the condition you have. Take the tube out and air it up. if it looks fine then that is not your issue. :noidea:

I seen tubes be out of round basically weaker on one side causing it to stretch out first so one side will ballon out first causing your tire to seat faster on one side giving you the condition you have. Take the tube out and air it up. if it looks fine then that is not your issue. :noidea:

Oh yeah, tube is fine.

On another not I just took off the 12 inch tire off my kx60 to replace the tube and rim strip and all was fine there :smirk: CHINA TIRE STILL A BUTT HEAD.