Chest protectors

buy one... out here at the first race of the season, this thing saved my bacon big time during the pre ride....
I've never really worn one in the past, recently started doing so
already got its replacement ordered
brokenchestprotector.jpg

I wonder how many ribs I would have broke If I wasn't wearing mine when I cased a Jump this past summer and took the chest to my bars, :thinking: I may have broke some any way, :noidea: I know I hurt like hell for about month afterwards. Then again, I am an old mutha trucka and don't heal in two days like I used to.

Tell us about how you utilized this important piece of safety equipment. :prof:

I have this argument with my 13 year old every time we ride. He never wants to wear one. I tell him wear it and ride or sit and watch!
came over a blind hill into a set of sandwhoops, came off the pegs, took the bar to the left breast, dragged it down to my stomach where I hit it again.
as it was, I spent most of saturday evening laying in the motel room trying to breathe..... even now, my ribs are really really sore, I don't want to think about the without scenario :prof:

came over a blind hill into a set of sandwhoops, came off the pegs, took the bar to the left breast, dragged it down to my stomach where I hit it again.
as it was, I spent most of saturday evening laying in the motel room trying to breathe..... even now, my ribs are really really sore, I don't want to think about the without scenario :prof:

Safety gear is important. Glad you made it out under your own power and not the power of an EMT!

My dad always told me to wear a chestie. Never wanted to, but always did. Now it's the same with the neckbrace. Can't ride without em! :thumb: Glad to see yours did its job!!

James

Staff member
buy one... out here at the first race of the season, this thing saved my bacon big time during the pre ride....
I've never really worn one in the past, recently started doing so
already got its replacement ordered
brokenchestprotector.jpg
:thinking: Are you just resting it on your leg/foot or what? :lol:

Glad to see it wasn't worse. :thumb:

I currently wear the 661 Core Saver, however now that Leatt has finally come out with something similar I might switch. Mostly because it integrates perfectly with the Leatt Neck Braces.

http://www.leatt-brace.com/index.php/choose-your-sport/mx/leatt-body-vest-adventure-lite

timthumb.php

:thinking: Are you just resting it on your leg/foot or what? :lol:

Glad to see it wasn't worse. :thumb:

I currently wear the 661 Core Saver, however now that Leatt has finally come out with something similar I might switch. Mostly because it integrates perfectly with the Leatt Neck Braces.

http://www.leatt-brace.com/index.php/choose-your-sport/mx/leatt-body-vest-adventure-lite

timthumb.php
Yup! I'm just gonna sit here, cross my legs, breathe it out... I'm also going to take a picture of my chest protector so all the bro's will think I'm hardcore! :D
I use the AXO V2, it has soft shoulders which lets it slide over my neck brace easily

James

Staff member
Yup! I'm just gonna sit here, cross my legs, breathe it out... I'm also going to take a picture of my chest protector so all the bro's will think I'm hardcore! :D
:lol: Not what I meant. At first glance I thought that your leg was stuck through it. :bonk:

I race moto, so it's different for me, but as far as protection goes I sport one of the roost deflectors. I don't like the feel of a chest protector so i try and keep it light. Won't save ribs but It'll take some mean debris :thumb:
2012-fox-adult-mx-titan-sport-subframe-body-armour-3831-p.jpg

James

Staff member
I race moto, so it's different for me, but as far as protection goes I sport one of the roost deflectors. I don't like the feel of a chest protector so i try and keep it light. Won't save ribs but It'll take some mean debris :thumb:
View attachment 6896
I also don't like the feel of traditional chest protectors, have you ever tried a core saver type of chest protector? It's pretty much your roost guard with better padding.

I also don't like the feel of traditional chest protectors, have you ever tried a core saver type of chest protector? It's pretty much your roost guard with better padding.
I have not! I pull mine tight around me and wear some underarmor underneath it. I used to not ride with one, once I got into competition I was pushed into wearing one in which I personally modded for extra comfort for outdoors.

I have not! I pull mine tight around me and wear some underarmor underneath it. I used to not ride with one, once I got into competition I was pushed into wearing one in which I personally modded for extra comfort for outdoors.
when we rode at CC I got behind clay going down a straight on the MX track and took a few rocks to the chest protector jax let me borrow. I'm sure glad he let me borrow it :thumb: