CDA's DIY Project

So about a couple months ago I am moto racing through CostCo, block passing people in the aisles, shutting the door in the corners as people are trying to get to the little sample food venders to get their free lunch and I ran across a shed for the backyard. Long story short, my current shed in the backyard is old, tired and I could use a little more room to move some tubs out of the garage and into the shed. So I bought it, and moved the 2 large boxes of parts to my patio and there it sat for the next couple months.

After a few attempts of getting Bota55 and CDA JR to go put the shed together for me, I gave up and decided I better just get out there and get it done myself this past weekend. So here we go.......

Here is the old shed that I need to take down.
IMG_2255.jpgIMG_2256.jpg

As you can see it is tired and the nice brick there holding the door closed. Inside it just a bunch of my yard stuff thrown in there with no order.

Let the tear down begin.......

So I pulled all the stuff out and tear down the shed. After I get it all apart I cleaned up the area where the new shed will be placed.

IMG_2257.jpg

Pretty cool cement work here, ya? The previous previous owners use to have some kind of pool and this was where the pool equipment was I guess, then the previous owners before me, did this cool cement work. If I was more motivated, I would have ripped this cement out and redid this whole area to blend it in with the rest of the driveway, but I wasn't and that is another project for another day. As you can see the wall is in need of a re-build, so I will do the cement work when that project comes around.

So now that the area is prepped and ready to go, it is time to un-box the new shed and get to work.
IMG_2258.jpg

Oh I can do this..:thinking: How hard can this be?

Notice the other project on the patio? My 92 DR350 that my Brother-in-law now owns. I told him I would go through it and get it running for him. That was a few weeks ago and it still sits. Just need to remove the carb and clean, install new air filter and cage, new throttle cable, grips and kick away....another thread perhaps...

Stay focused.......

So I installed the windows in the doors and the one side. I place the floor down and put up the walls.
Coming along good so far.
IMG_2259.jpg

Install the A frames for the roof. It is starting to look like an old school church building.
IMG_2260.jpg

Installed the roof, front doors and handles.
IMG_2262.jpg

Cont.......

And there it stands....
IMG_2261.jpg

I slide it back into the location I want it and load my stuff back in and some added stuff from the garage.
IMG_2263.jpg

I know have some room in the garage to move around or :thinking: add another scooter...:smirk::devil:

after it is moved into place, loaded with my stuff, I throw a few steaks on the grill and throw my feet up on the grill and admire my work.....
IMG_2265.jpg

Now I just need to get rid of the old shed in pieces off to the left. Had a guy stop by that collects all the stuff people leave on the curb and he wanted it but his truck was full. He came by the next day and said his wife said "NO", so I will need to discard it some how..:thinking:

What size is that shed? I was looking into rubbermaid sheds recently for my bike yard to store bikes but couldn't figure out what size would be best. Your looks pretty good in size. What is the build time on that thing?

And there it stands....
IMG_2261.jpg

I slide it back into the location I want it and load my stuff back in and some added stuff from the garage.
IMG_2263.jpg

I know have some room in the garage to move around or :thinking: add another scooter...:smirk::devil:

after it is moved into place, loaded with my stuff, I throw a few steaks on the grill and throw my feet up on the grill and admire my work.....
IMG_2265.jpg

Now I just need to get rid of the old shed in pieces off to the left. Had a guy stop by that collects all the stuff people leave on the curb and he wanted it but his truck was full. He came by the next day and said his wife said "NO", so I will need to discard it some how..:thinking:

Job... WELL done... steak.... med rare! :thumb:

Wheres the pool?

Nice Shed too.... unfortunately something like that would never last here in NJ.... every 4-12 years we get a snow storm from hell that dumps 4 ft of snow...

What size is that shed? I was looking into rubbermaid sheds recently for my bike yard to store bikes but couldn't figure out what size would be best. Your looks pretty good in size. What is the build time on that thing?
I believe it was a 7.5 x 8. I would have check tonight as I till have the boxes in the back yard that I need to cut up. You could get 2 bikes in there, but if you kick them at an angle.
Job... WELL done... steak.... med rare! :thumb:
:drool: they were good.
Cool shed, but you have some damn ugly feet.:shocked:
Many years of shoving them in my boots....maybe I need to hit the salon for a pedicure..:thinking:
Wheres the pool?

Nice Shed too.... unfortunately something like that would never last here in NJ.... every 4-12 years we get a snow storm from hell that dumps 4 ft of snow...
That never happens here in Cali...

I believe it was a 7.5 x 8. I would have check tonight as I till have the boxes in the back yard that I need to cut up. You could get 2 bikes in there, but if you kick them at an angle.
:drool: they were good.
Many years of shoving them in my boots....maybe I need to hit the salon for a pedicure..:thinking:
That never happens here in Cali...
Uhhhh. Come visit me after a dump (of snow that is). Will show you pics over TDAY.