carburetion issues

I have a 04 yz 85. I recently rebuilt the top end. It sat for 5 years but was properly winterized before it sat. Fuel drained, engine fogger the whole bit. I honed the cylinder and installed a new piston and all that. Started it up, and it acted stuck at about 3/4 throttle. Killed it pulled the carb cleaned the main jet, and the piolet jet. All was very clean and normal looking. Put it back on and started it. Really funny acting about a one second hesitation from throttle to motor response and some more sticking open, the slide functions properly and everything. I believe the problem may be associated with the choke some how. You guys got any ideas, much appreciated.

Maybe dry crank seals leaking air, possibly air leak from a cracked or weathered intake. Kinda sounds like an air leak or a lean condition to me, from the fast idle and the bog on acceleration.

I'll take a good look at it tomorrow, that could have broken down over time. It seems that it may be something like that, because it was wild the way it was acting.