Carb Problems

Took my bike out for a short ride in town this morning and every time I came to a stop the bike would stall. It's been a while since I have ridden, I did put in fuel additives in the tank a while back. Maybe I need to drain the gas and put in new fuel...
So the question is if putting in new fuel doesn't solve the problem what next? Clean the carb? Can someone send me a link of the step by step on how to do so?

SRAD97750

Staff member
OK. So there is no easy way to remove the carburetor... period. MUCH PATIENCE IS REQUIRED. This is a tight fit.
I am not sure of the specifics of your bike, but I assume they are similar to other 450s of the same era.
I'm not going to go into detail, but rather give you items that must be attended to before the carb will even move.
-Seat
-Tank
-Hot start/choke lever
-Throttle cables
-Throttle position sensor (DO NOT DISASSEMBLE, only unplug the connector)
-Intake boot clamp
-Airbox clamp

Now, you should be able to rotate the carb so you can get access to the bowl screws.
From there you just remove the bowl/jets and clean out the components with with carb cleaner.

Now if you can't turn the carb in place and get to the bottom of the carb... a few more items must be moved..
On the YZF450 I had to support the frame and remove...
-Exhaust pipe
-Subframe
-Shock

Then I had exceptional clearance... :picard:
MUCH PATIENCE IS REQUIRED
Good luck, if you run into ANY issues, just post up a pic and we'll get you going again! -BIG DAN:thumb:

we have crappy fuel in ca thanks to epa and carb,ethanol attracts moisture, I use seafoam fuel aditive ,it works good just put a few ounces in your tank a month and it keeps everything clean.