South Calling Big Dan... Licensed to Smoke

Big Dan... when we gonna take our smokers to In & Out hitting every dirt lot, back ally and train trestle we can find !
Big D... meet Big H ! :rocker:

cr500af_01.jpg

Plating Ceremony commences on Nov 7 2013 :USA:

Big Dan... when we gonna take our smokers to In & Out hitting every dirt lot, back ally and train trestle we can find !
Big D... meet Big H ! :rocker:

cr500af_01.jpg

Plating Ceremony commences on Nov 7 2013 :USA:
What is this? I thought you purchased your last bike, a bike or two ago? Does your wife know? Are you still married? Wasn't the deal something like that? No wait you've been reading all of the Krannie/Speakerman's KTM hate threads and you're switching to Honda, best bike ever made!

:smirk:

All kidding aside, looks like you have found another diamond in the rough. Did you decide to sell one of the other machines you have built!

:cheers:

What is this? I thought you purchased your last bike, a bike or two ago? Does your wife know? Are you still married?

I took a new approach... I admitted that I didn't need another bike... it wasn't smart... or necessary... or even important. I said I was spoiled and selfish... I would totally understand if she said no... but that it was a dream bike... as much for bragging rights as riding... and I'd love to have it. She said yes.

So this afternoon I found her a nice birthday present... she doesn't know... gonna surprise her next month in AZ at the folks house after she blows out the candles.

Estart, Rekluse and Lowered... her first bike. :banana:

crf250x_02.jpg

I can't afford gas for the bikes now... but at least I can push her around the driveway.

You know 500's get this wicked reputation, but you can totally tune them to be great bikes. They're still a handful and you gotta respect them, but they're not the widowmakers that people make them out to be. Grats on a nice bike. AF500's are the envy of everyone I know.

When are we racing Vegas to Reno on it?

Is that a CR500 Jeff? Hard to tell from the pic that I have. Those things are crazy but fun. I bought a brand new CR500 in 1989 and sold it in 2003 when I bought my YZ450. I wish I had kept that thing. I remember every time I would ride it for a day my finger joints always ached like they had all been sprained. :noidea: Rocket bike indeed.

Pretty sure that's a Service Honda CR500AF, which is a rebuilt 500cc 2 stroke engine smashed into a modern CR250 aluminum frame. They're hot and hard to find. Last time I checked they're about 12k brand new from Service Honda.

This one is a 2004 CR250 frame... with the 2001 CR500. Built by Don Sliwinski, Sand Cars Unlimited. I guess he makes about 8-10 a year between other projects. Bought it from original owner. It comes with a spare pipe. Nice since they are modified to fit the bike.

I had an 81 CR450 when I was a kid. 4 speed arm ripper, left side kick and wheelie machine. The throttle was a light switch. I've ridden cr500s since. Don't think they are any crazier than that 450 was. Never ridden an AF. Gotta be much more fun in the modern frame. Truly a dream bike. Looking forward to it.

that is a sweet bike bolt
i got a 85 cr500 sitting in my garage that needs a full restore on it....one day when i get my own shit in order i will rebuild it.