buying used yz250

I'm looking at buying a 95 yz 250 it need a clutch rod I'm new to dirt bikes it's only a $500 bike so i don't really care if there something wrong I really just need one to work with and learn what to watch for when buying anything yall could tell me will help

500 for one that you cant really test sounds steep, but the bike you mention is a pretty good rig if it is in good shape. The forks are junk, but cheap to swap out with some of larger diameter. The motor can be changed to suit whatever you like doing, but for lifting the front wheel and spinning the rear tire, it is great in stock form.

500 for one that you cant really test sounds steep, but the bike you mention is a pretty good rig if it is in good shape. The forks are junk, but cheap to swap out with some of larger diameter. The motor can be changed to suit whatever you like doing, but for lifting the front wheel and spinning the rear tire, it is great in stock form.
Ok thank you I'm going to buy it or a dtr 200 Or something like that I will have to look again for 700. I don't want to spend a lot for one and yes I know you get what you pay for but I know how to work with motors and I have a friend who did it for years and he's very help full with it but I thought I would ask around first and how can I tell what a bikes worth

Last edited:
quite simple. if you are familiar with anything mechanical, my guess is that you could pull up the parts diagram on something like bike bandit and see where it went and have it in, noting there is a single ball bearing with it.

quite simple. if you are familiar with anything mechanical, my guess is that you could pull up the parts diagram on something like bike bandit and see where it went and have it in, noting there is a single ball bearing with it.
I didn't think of bike bandit thank you

It's a $95 fix btw. Then here's the last question 2 or 4 stroke. Lady's will ask why go 2 strokes when you can go 4 my answer is I only need 2 to do were others take 4

Last edited:
Then here's the last question 2 or 4 stroke. Lady's will ask why go 2 strokes when you can go 4 my answer is I only need 2 to do were others take 4
It's really rider preference. The four strokes have the low bottom and torque but the cost of repairs are a bit more.two strokes rev hire in the low-end torque is a bit lower but both runs very well

It's really rider preference. The four strokes have the low bottom and torque but the cost of repairs are a bit more.two strokes rev hire in the low-end torque is a bit lower but both runs very well
Gonna be hard to make up my mind but if I find the right bike at right price Ktm...Yamaha...Honda...Suzuki...Kawasaki...husquvarna... 2 stoke 4 stroke that's what I'll get

Last edited:
If you have a friend that has a four stroke try it like a CRf250r 450 mx bikes in that line of bikes

I ride 4 strokes for the ease of low end power

2 strokes are awesome to

U will like it!!! Easy on the throttle they can be punchy!! :thumb:
Lol thank y'all for the help I've been un sure about this y'all have calmed my mind about it I'm 15 btw I'm a little past my age tho in some ways but I've always had Rangers or rzrs or a quad but I would really like to have something liter and easier to move around trees

Last edited: