Broken Subframe

I broke my subframe at a race recently. Here is a picture before I got it repaired.:ride:

DSC_0205.jpg

:shocked: How did that happen?

Did you replace the complete subframe or have it welded?

I crashed on the landing of a triple.. Then before I could get up I got landed on.

Thankfully it was a quick and cheap fix.. I got it welded for only $15.

Kind of looks like it had been welded there before. Eventually the stress cracks will get everywhere and then it will be time to replace it. For now I think you good to go. :ride::ride::ride:

James

Staff member
I crashed on the landing of a triple.. Then before I could get up I got landed on.

Thankfully it was a quick and cheap fix.. I got it welded for only $15.
Ouch, the only damage was to the bike?

Was this at a track in MI?

Kind of looks like it had been welded there before. Eventually the stress cracks will get everywhere and then it will be time to replace it. For now I think you good to go. :ride::ride::ride:

It actually had been welded there about 2 years ago when I broke it the first time.:smirk:

Ouch, the only damage was to the bike?

Was this at a track in MI?

Lol I wish it was only my bike.. Messed up my back and ribs pretty bad.

James

Staff member
Lol I wish it was only my bike.. Messed up my back and ribs pretty bad.
:shocked: Ouch, is it bad? Broken? Done for the year?

*knock-on-wood* I've never injured my back from riding, I'd imagine that that's about the worst thing you can do. :(

:shocked: Ouch, is it bad? Broken? Done for the year?

*knock-on-wood* I've never injured my back from riding, I'd imagine that that's about the worst thing you can do. :(

Yeah it was pretty bad.. I couldn't even lift my bike on the stand the first couple weeks. But it has been getting better the last week so I hope to be back riding again soon.

James

Staff member
Yeah it was pretty bad.. I couldn't even lift my bike on the stand the first couple weeks. But it has been getting better the last week so I hope to be back riding again soon.
:shocked: Dang how long ago did this happen?

:cheers: Here's to a speedy recovery.