Broken Radiator Hose

So a buddy and I were riding today back in the woods when I noticed my bike was running really hot with a high idle (05 yz250f). At first I thought that it was just because we were riding pretty slow through the woods since it was so muddy. After about 15-20 minutes later, I decided we better head back and try and figure out what it was. Well, then I noticed that my radiator hose broke clean off right above my water pump...:bonk: I guess my only question is, is there anything that I should check/be concerned about after riding my bike without any coolant for about 20 minutes?

Attachments

• WP_000324.jpg
    WP_000324.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 24
So a buddy and I were riding today back in the woods when I noticed my bike was running really hot with a high idle (05 yz250f). At first I thought that it was just because we were riding pretty slow through the woods since it was so muddy. After about 15-20 minutes later, I decided we better head back and try and figure out what it was. Well, then I noticed that my radiator hose broke clean off right above my water pump...:bonk: I guess my only question is, is there anything that I should check/be concerned about after riding my bike without any coolant for about 20 minutes?
You'll only know after you put a new hose on and try it out

Holy Manoly Jacob! Check your graffix - are they OK? If so, you are half way there. Flush your system and reload with coolant and see if she is running OK. If so, don't panic, you at probably OK. :thumb:

After you get it all back together, Get it running and make sure it reaches operationg temps... And then keep a check on your oil. Make sure its not milky looking.