Injured broken femur and shoulder......sigh.....life altering crash that i dont remember

hi....im a women motocrosser...luv to ride!..been riding for 10 years....mainly tracks in southern CA....well...crashed on august 19th, 2011 at Milestone MX park....open femur fracture...head injury...broken shoulder and broken front tooth....I dont remember anything!!!!...just riding away with my friends for one last ride on the main track....after that it goes blank....guess i crashed doing a 30 foot gap jump...and then got hit by other riders....I now have a 7inch plate with 9 screws in my leg...and my shoulder had to be screwed back on....yay....now im recovering in a wheel chair....and its rough!!! Im very depressed....and im hoping to talk to other injured riders who feel my pain and frustration....I went from an incredibly active fitness women to a sedentary disabled person in a wheelchair...

hi....im a women motocrosser...luv to ride!..been riding for 10 years....mainly tracks in southern CA....well...crashed on august 19th, 2011 at Milestone MX park....open femur fracture...head injury...broken shoulder and broken front tooth....I dont remember anything!!!!...just riding away with my friends for one last ride on the main track....after that it goes blank....guess i crashed doing a 30 foot gap jump...and then got hit by other riders....I now have a 7inch plate with 9 screws in my leg...and my shoulder had to be screwed back on....yay....now im recovering in a wheel chair....and its rough!!! Im very depressed....and im hoping to talk to other injured riders who feel my pain and frustration....I went from an incredibly active fitness women to a sedentary disabled person in a wheelchair...

Welcome to DBA!

Sorry to hear about you wreck! There are a few guys on here that can tell a story or two about crashing and blacking out. They even have some good pics and videos of surgery!

Btw, watch out for Redswr.

Good luck recovering, its not the end! Maybe off the steed for a year, but not the end! BTW, were you wearing knee braces?

ouch! that sucks... i've had times where i couldn't remember an hour or so but luckly didn't get to badly messed up. Hope recovery goes well for you and keep your head up!

James

Staff member
OML i didnt have the gnarly injurys you have but i took myself out last year because of the OML or OLT(one last time) syndrome.

hope you recover as quick as possible.

Welcome to the forum. Very sorry to hear of you wreck, heal quick and right. Rack already warned you so keep an eye
Out for Porterville people. :lol:

I stay away from tracks and ride free.

That was a hell of an introduction...:shocked:....A not so yet maybe so similar thing happened to my friends son this past weekend. We were out shooting when he decided to ride back to camp to get something...on a bike it's like 5-10 minutes...20 minutes later he's not back yet. His dad caled camp to see if he'd made it back yet, they said no, haven't seen him. His brother takes off and found him not too far from us sprawelled out on the ground...he had no idea what happened to him. We packed up and headed back..on the way back we saw 2 women out "rock-hounding" as best we could figure...He had no idea what happened just woke up on the ground with major pain in his shoulder...We're thinking that mabe he was trying to avoid their "car" (a SAAB off roading it...:shocked:) and took a header, them probably not knowing he crashed, kept going. His condition was a broken shoulder blade, cuts and scrapes to his face and possible kidney damage...blood in urine...worst part is ...he's in the Navy and is worried about his future. Damaged Gov property! :naughty:

Welcome to the DBA forum...don't mind the shmucks on here, they're harmless. :devil:

Heal up quick...:thumb:

I think the femur has to be the worst bone to break. There are a lot of us here that got bit by the OLT thing. I got my titanium from the same syndrom, but it's only a elbow. :noidea:

Ive been injured many times thru the years, shoulders with 3 surgeries, knee with 3 surgeries, back, front, you name it. Ive found life changes a little, but i still ride, dont race in my old broke ass age, I cant run anymore. You cant lay down and quit. Therapy is your friend. No therapy no healing or range of motion. You will be back.