Brand new Yz125 not kicking over

Yesterday I bought a pick up my brand new Yz125 from the dealership after them telling me they had run all the necessary test it was ready to be broken in. So before I started it up I made sure everything was topped up such as fuel/oil coolant engine oil etc . After breaking in the bike I let it sit for 30 mins , I then took it on a fire trail after starting the bike and traveling 200m the bike just shut off. I took it back home and checked over everything made sure fuel was going into the carburetor and the spark plug was fine . It has been a full day now and my bike will still not kick over and no fuel is coming out of the overflow tubes even with it turned on . Anyone have an idea what is going on I know it might be something real simple but I just can't get my head around it . Thank you in advance !!!

Dealership trip it sounds like to me. Don't you guys have a one year rather than a six month warranty?
Other than that, if you left the fuel petcock on, it could be flooded. Hold throttle wide open, fuel off, and kick hard to try an clear it out. About ten good kicks. Fuel back on, wide open throttle, kick it again.

Or fouled plug, needs a new one.

And welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Dealership trip it sounds like to me. Don't you guys have a one year rather than a six month warranty?
Other than that, if you left the fuel petcock on, it could be flooded. Hold throttle wide open, fuel off, and kick hard to try an clear it out. About ten good kicks. Fuel back on, wide open throttle, kick it again.

Or fouled plug, needs a new one.

And welcome to the forum.

Does yamaha give warranties on race bikes now? I only bought one new bike from them ('05) and haven't got a warranty on any bike I've bought new except for the KTM.

if it still doesn't start like Palmer said, then take plug out and kick a few times to help get air in there to evap the fuel from flooding. If flooded the plug should be wet...if dry then not flooded. If real black and oil and wet looking maybe a fouled plug. Put in a new plug and kick a bit with fuel off. Then turn fuel on and try but not too long or it may flood again. If still not starting take to dealer.

Dm, please note that these guys keep mentioning sparkplugs: Those critters are you window into how your motorcycle is running. Remember to look at the one yours is running and describe it when asking for tuning advice. Details!!
Wait, your not going to tell him to check air pressure? Haha, I should have.