Best Show

ok I know you californer boys have seen some good ones. I been all over so it’s hit and miss but over the years I’ve seen some gems. To narrow down the first list I’ve come up with a simple criteria
A. Best sounding
B. Most surprising
C. Most iconic
Here’s mine
A Steely Dan- live the music sounded exactly as I would have imagined it would. Fantastic band and flawless execution.
B Marilyn Manson. Holy fuck I didn’t know what to expect, and by the end I didn’t even know what I had just seen. Like Manson was a giant spider or something.. it’s a good thing I wasn’t on acid at that one.
C Metallica with Cliff Burton. Wasn’t their best show, but it was raw, and they were hungry.

Best sounding, tie between ZZ Top and Aerosmith. Funny thing with Aerosmith, Steven Tyler tore his ACL on stage, but finished the show, they had to reschedule/cancel the rest of the tour after their stop in Anchorage.

Most Surprising, Lynyrd Skynyrd.....was a big fan growing up, and figured I'd never see them after their tragic end in '77 I went to see the reformed band with Ronnies Brother fronting the band, and was very impressed, excellent musicianship and a great show.

Most Iconic, probably Kiss, I saw them during their reunion/farewell tour, all 4 original members, I have to say, they put on a show of shows, with fire, blood, smoking exploding guitars and all the rest.

Best shows ever go to U2. From 85 to current they play for 2.5-3hrs. Always great and give the fans what they deserve. Saw Paul Simon a couple years ago and that was a really really impressive show. He played for 2 hours. Not bad for a 70yr old man. I saw poison and Tesla back in 89. What a great show. Saw Metallica a bunch of times, not impressed. Saw Mr Bungle that was a crazy show. Damn Yankees and Bad company were very good. Saw Rusted Root back in 95. That was a good show too. BioHazard put on a phenomenal show backnin the day.

Pink Floyed Dark side of the Moon. Holy smokes 14yo, 30 some rows back in doors LA what ever the hell auditorium.

Many Grateful Dead (over 50 shows) and never the same line up in a three day show.

Chicago any year as they change members and sound fantastic.

Doobie Brothers, man was I young back when I concert bounced.

Moody Blues for how they can put orchestra music to rock and melt your brain.

They are all ABC

Moody Blues for how they can put orchestra music to rock and melt your brain.
Thats funny. That was my first concert when i was 13. My Dad took me, he smoked a fattie and I went to the side of the stage where the girls were dancing.
Best show...hmmm...that tough, but Queensryche Empire tour was amazing, better than the CD actually.
Poison and Tesla in 89 was good.
Monsters of Rock 1987 was awesome (Kingdom Come, Dokken?, Metallica (Harvester of Sorrow debut), Scorpions, and Van Halen.
I have seen Maiden 6 times in 30 years so that probably says something...
Most iconic...no idea.
Fuck now I gotta go play my guitar! Thanks for reminding me!
Prolly gonna get a little premix on my strings but whatever, they need to be changed anyway :thumb:

Dude I saw that ‘87 monsters of rock show at arrowhead stadium in KC. Somebody threw a hotdog or nacho plate and started the largest food fight I have ever seen. It was a crazy garbage typhoon I will never forget. The people on the floor were just throwing shit up in the air. Nuts!

Dude I saw that ‘87 monsters of rock show at arrowhead stadium in KC. Somebody threw a hotdog or nacho plate and started the largest food fight I have ever seen. It was a crazy garbage typhoon I will never forget. The people on the floor were just throwing shit up in the air. Nuts!
I saw it at the Mpls Metrodome if I remember correctly. Scorpions killed it! Amazing show. I was 17 and went with my best friend's girlfriend, and her hottie friend. I didn't nail them both that night, but separately later on after they all broke up. Good times.

I saw it at the Mpls Metrodome if I remember correctly. Scorpions killed it! Amazing show. I was 17 and went with my best friend's girlfriend, and her hottie friend. I didn't nail them both that night, but separately later on after they all broke up. Good times.
You gotta nail sisters. So much fun!
US festival 82-83... Shit yah!

Best shows ever go to U2. From 85 to current they play for 2.5-3hrs. Always great and give the fans what they deserve. Saw Paul Simon a couple years ago and that was a really really impressive show. He played for 2 hours. Not bad for a 70yr old man. I saw poison and Tesla back in 89. What a great show. Saw Metallica a bunch of times, not impressed. Saw Mr Bungle that was a crazy show. Damn Yankees and Bad company were very good. Saw Rusted Root back in 95. That was a good show too. BioHazard put on a phenomenal show backnin the day.
My actual best show was U2 at Hampden park Vertigo tour, great show :thumb:

Most memorable shows.. I have a buddy who used to work for Sony, he got us VIP access to a T00L concert. We were hanging out in the lounge and me=baldy, and my buddy=greasy/scraggly looked enough like two of the goons in the band to fool these bitches. They ran over and handed me a note, “If you are tool, please play ‘prison sex’ and ‘hooker with a penis’ we love you!” I looked at my friend puzzled and said ha ha they think weee in the band! We didn’t correct them, and we did all the cocaine they brought, and hung out for a while making sure to not talk about ourselves much. I didn’t even know the name of the dude they thought I was. They didn’t seem interested in giving us head jobs or anything so we left. Later I was standing in the aisle when the fans rushed the stage at onset, and I was almost killed. I remember being crushed to the point of almost passing out.
Karmas a bitch

Last edited: