Best day and night goggle lenses?

I need some new lenses for my goggles since mine are all scratched up. What is a good lens that will act like sunglasses during the day, but are easy to see through during the night. I have Scott Tyrant goggles with the comfort fit screw things, awesome goggles. What is the best color lens for day and night riding? I ride mostly during the day so I need something that will block sunlight, but i have been caught up in the hills in the middle of the night before to, so a lens that transfers to low light use to. If this post makes any sense at all... Let me know, thanks :thumb:

One would think that something like this would exist. The tech has been around for a while and is called "photochromic" when applied to eyeglasses. Transitions is the well known brandname, but knock offs have been around for a while.

One would think that something like this would exist. The tech has been around for a while and is called "photochromic" when applied to eyeglasses. Transitions is the well known brandname, but knock offs have been around for a while.

That would be awesome if they could make transition goggle lenses. I guess what im really trying to ask is what color lens is the best for both day and night?

I have the auto darkening lenses, and they are great in the daytime, but at night, they are just too dark. If I'm doing a night ride, I switch to a clear lense.

I have the auto darkening lenses, and they are great in the daytime, but at night, they are just too dark. If I'm doing a night ride, I switch to a clear lense.

I called my cousin who races enduro about 15 minutes ago I suppose, he's been doing it for about 5 years now, went and saw him race a few times it was awesome. Anyway he said for indoor he uses clear of course and for hare scrambles, trail riding, and other outdoor adventures he uses blue chrome. He said it will reflect sunlight and make dim areas a little more visible, and then at night he just uses a cheapo pair with clear lenses to get home if he has to. i think im gonna try this out and see how it works, i also ordered a pair of yellow to see how they work. If you guys have anything to add let me know i would love to hear it.

I use the light sensitive lenses.... Work great for moto when you're the last moto of the day and you start going into the sun and then end up in dark wooded areas..... They change fast the 1st yr

I have three different pairs of Oakley O frames with clear, tints and orange lenses in them. Clear for night, Orange for cloudy conditions and tints for day time. Works out great.

I called my cousin who races enduro about 15 minutes ago I suppose, he's been doing it for about 5 years now, went and saw him race a few times it was awesome. Anyway he said for indoor he uses clear of course and for hare scrambles, trail riding, and other outdoor adventures he uses blue chrome. He said it will reflect sunlight and make dim areas a little more visible, and then at night he just uses a cheapo pair with clear lenses to get home if he has to. i think im gonna try this out and see how it works, i also ordered a pair of yellow to see how they work. If you guys have anything to add let me know i would love to hear it.

When I skiid I had a pair of Carrera sunglasses with yellow lenses that I wore when it was cloudy/overcast, they were meant to help make things stand out more since there aren't shadows when overcast.

As for the best color for both day and night... maybe a smoke colored lense... :noidea:... not too dark but maybe light enough to use t night...

When I skiid I had a pair of Carrera sunglasses with yellow lenses that I wore when it was cloudy/overcast, they were meant to help make things stand out more since there aren't shadows when overcast.

As for the best color for both day and night... maybe a smoke colored lense... :noidea:... not too dark but maybe light enough to use t night...

That's what I was thinking, but my eyes are so bad that it would probably mess with me at night. I can barley see during dusk when the sun is going down with just my normal glasses. My lenses are at my house, but unfortunately I won't be able to use them until moday when I get home from work. Hopefully the blue will help during the day, if not ill try the yellow and then just use my 89s with clear lenses for night.