been a long time

haven't been riding since april. a couple months ago my uncle passed away and this riding tri[ in 2 days is gonna be different cuz he would go with us everytime, he was like a big 48 year old kid. thinking about carving his name in a mountain side with the date he was born&passed away&place a wooden cross at the top also, anyone else have any ideas...my dad and i want to do a little something in memeory everytime we go.

James

Staff member
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Haven't been to it yet but it sounds like he needs a spot at the Husky monument/memorial .

Hey Jess, you haven't been around for a long time. I'm sorry to hear that, it's pretty hard, we all lose people and it sucks badly. Whatever you do I'm sure he will be watching down with pride, and whatever you do will mean alot to him.

Hey Jess, you haven't been around for a long time. I'm sorry to hear that, it's pretty hard, we all lose people and it sucks badly. Whatever you do I'm sure he will be watching down with pride, and whatever you do will mean alot to him.

words of wisdom right there...

Jess, when you lose someone close it's never the same, but you just gotta make it work. Hope all turns out well on your trip :thumb:

I've stacked rocks and sticks in a special formation in special places to honor some of my fallen riding buddies. Best wishes to you on your trip. I bet he would want to know your having a good time riding and would be pleased that you want to honor him in some way, no matter how little.

where are you riding? After you put the tribute up maybe we can all do a ride out there to pay our respects

we went to dove springs, ca. and we made a cross with rocks around it and spelt "we love you brian tate" with rocks :) hopefully it doesnt get messed up, but we are gonna go riding there everytime.

I've stacked rocks and sticks in a special formation in special places to honor some of my fallen riding buddies. Best wishes to you on your trip. I bet he would want to know your having a good time riding and would be pleased that you want to honor him in some way, no matter how little.

yeah thanks we did have fun :)

yeah i know i haven't haha. I've been concentrating on school and all that trying to get physched up about doing my emt stuff. and thanks means a lot.

That is nice what you did. I personally have put a memorial out at the Husky site for my buddy killed out there a couple of years ago. It is always a hard thing to get over losing someone that you were close to. I have not been to Dove Springs area in a couple of years but I have been riding out there for 35 years and it is not quite the same as it was then. I love that place and everything around it but unfortunately so much has been closed off and so many people are there that it is not the place for me anymore. Perhaps I will make my way up there again just for old time sakes.