Bass area

Well it was down to four of us, me, new guy Rick, Bryan and Jordan who is 14 yrs. We re-jetted the CR85 at the parking spot. Got on the trail about 9am. It was cool. Saw no other MC riders the entire trip, saw 5 bicycles total with no on-trail conflicts. Got to the creek crossing and found it was only 2-3" deep. I promptly tipped over on entry cuz I was going to slow n couldnt touch the ground on the bank drop in. Landed right on the poison oak bush to the left, (still no itching to this point so i think Im good).DSCF0725.JPG
Here is Rick on the way back at the creek. The bush I tipped into is on the left in the shot.
DSCF0726.JPG
Here is Jordan.

As the ride continues we went up the right hand trail where it gets gnarly. Bryan rode the rock pile while I lead Jordan and Rick around to the bypass.

Jordan trying to get up the approach in the rocks.
View attachment 8577

and RickDSCF0718.JPG

DSCF0719.JPG

we then rode out the trail to another side trail I know that leads to the entrance to the Shuteye dirt road. Here are the boys coing up the final hop to the top of the rock mountain on the Shuteye trail

DSCF0724.JPG

View attachment 8581
DSCF0723.JPG

DSCF0721.JPG

here are a few other shots along the way
DSCF0712.JPG

DSCF0714.JPG

DSCF0716.JPG

This was Rick's first ride with big boys and Bryan and Jordan had never been in the Bass area, only having ridden the Miami area for their mountain riding before. Rick was beat and could no longer hold onto the bars due to his clutch pull being so firm. I told him he could buy my spare 9.0 clutch, he agreed. Total of 33 mi, no broken bikes or people. Oh yeah Rack, Bryan did follow me into the water even against your insistance to not trust me.

Attachments

• DSCF0708.JPG
    DSCF0708.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 22