Barstow Copper City Ride

It has been a while since my son and I have been on our bikes. Packed up the new to us truck and headed out on the highway not sure where we were going to end up. Quick stop and McDonalds for breakfast and the liquor store for a bag of ice and we were good to go. IMG_0604.JPG

Ended up heading up to Barstow out to the place I have not been for 3 years and when we got there the weather was perfect. Quickly geared up and headed out. IMG_0606.JPG
The boy acting weird with the soft sand. IMG_0607.JPGGot way out in the distance and found some good riding with some interesting views. IMG_0615.JPGIMG_0616.JPGAlmost ran a couple of these little guys over on the trail. IMG_0612.JPGStopped in a cave for a rest and took in the scenery. IMG_0620.JPG
Came upon a spot with some nice cars in the yard. IMG_0621.JPGIMG_0626.JPGThen there was a lawn mower so my boy thought he would help the people out. IMG_0625.JPGHe then thought it was a good time to snatch my bike from me for the first time ever and he rode it very well. IMG_0627.JPGThen of course we have to have the self portrait poser shot to end the day. We took a 45 mile loop and saw 3 other bikes out there. My kind of riding no doubt. :thumb:IMG_0617.JPG

It has been a while since my son and I have been on our bikes. Packed up the new to us truck and headed out on the highway not sure where we were going to end up. Quick stop and McDonalds for breakfast and the liquor store for a bag of ice and we were good to go. View attachment 18269

Ended up heading up to Barstow out to the place I have not been for 3 years and when we got there the weather was perfect. Quickly geared up and headed out. View attachment 18270
The boy acting weird with the soft sand. View attachment 18271Got way out in the distance and found some good riding with some interesting views. View attachment 18272View attachment 18273Almost ran a couple of these little guys over on the trail. View attachment 18274Stopped in a cave for a rest and took in the scenery. View attachment 18275
Came upon a spot with some nice cars in the yard. View attachment 18276View attachment 18277Then there was a lawn mower so my boy thought he would help the people out. View attachment 18278He then thought it was a good time to snatch my bike from me for the first time ever and he rode it very well. View attachment 18279Then of course we have to have the self portrait poser shot to end the day. We took a 45 mile loop and saw 3 other bikes out there. My kind of riding no doubt. :thumb:View attachment 18280

Awesome!

Why use a trailer? Why not just throw the bike into the truck:noidea:

The truck has a built in tool box behind the cab and being a short bed as it is the bikes will not fit easily. The tool box is nice because we can lock our gas cans, stands, tool box and a bunch of other stuff in there. I want to see if the bikes will fit with the gate down but have not tried that yet.

The truck has a built in tool box behind the cab and being a short bed as it is the bikes will not fit easily. The tool box is nice because we can lock our gas cans, stands, tool box and a bunch of other stuff in there. I want to see if the bikes will fit with the gate down but have not tried that yet.

:thumb:

MAKE SURE you check whatever is used to hold the gate up.... if they're cables (covered) you may want to replace them... they might break if any weight is put on them.... :shocked: My experience with my truck loading El Diablo once. :eek:

yeah, lock the gas up for sure. My last ride someone stold all of our gas and the other riders at the trail head. :foul:

yeah, lock the gas up for sure. My last ride someone stold all of our gas and the other riders at the trail head. :foul:
I remember you posted that up, what dick heads people are. I used to tow the trailer behind my Jeep and lock everything up in that but I never felt very secure being it was a soft top. :thinking: I feel better now when I leave camp for a few hours.