Baldy Mesa Jump & Hill Climb

Met Big D at his house early Wednesday morning for a morning ride before it got to hot. Loaded up and after a quick tour of his neighborhood we were off to the staging area.

ended up on some nice tight stuff that lead to a hill climb that Srad told me some guys went up. somehow it slipped out my mouth... "im gonna try it" then i start think WTF did i just say.... im committed now so i tell dan to record it. The begging of the hill climb isnt nothing crazy but right before the top is a lip and to the right a rut that snakes a little. I figure i can just lean forward over the bars and gas it... then i hit and im airborne and out of control almost hitting Srad.

After that we head to a MX track. their was a few jumps but only one i was willing to even attmept to jump. because it has no conciquences if you come up short. prolly a 60ft to 70ft table top. I wasnt trying to clear it but was going far enough to where landing flat didnt suck :P.

After that we headed to the sand hill climb. Srad takes off up one side while i was recovering from racing myself through some whoops on the way. He ends up being gone for quite some time so i figure i get up try the sand hill then do the other to go see him. i dont make the sand hill and it gases me. im so out of breath but i see Srad is back so wasnt worried about him. i finally get off of the sand avalanche of a downhill im on and Srad tells me his story about wrestling the bike and a bush all at once. hes got blood to proove it. Its starting to get really hot so we head back and get to the truck at 12:30 and its 99 degrees out

SRAD sent some of his footage and photos to me so here is the vid and some photos....

6zlxj7.jpg

2ezr8yo.jpg

2ela1xk.jpg

2u9515h.jpg

fjnh1l.jpg

sdzfck.jpg

5l13zo.jpg

http://youtu.be/UpFzlKn8Y-E?hd=1

SRAD97750

Staff member
Weird that my cameras video came out so small... It was full screen on my laptop.. :noidea:
Cool Video Trav. I had a good time. That was an exciting, action packed 30 miles of exploring. I haven't ridden most of the meadows we hit.
Yellow flowers everywhere made for some awesome riding. Next time we'll try to find our own singletrack...

I have a photo of our trip. maybe I'll upload it:P
-BIG DAN:thumb:

hurry up already i need a new FB profile pic

yea i forgot to mention your rim and all the flowers and wildlife we seen. :thumb: was awesome

nice!! that hill climb was cool, almost ran into the cameraman. LOLOLOL.. the different size video is caused by different resolutions you put together in a single video..