Bad mistake I'm still recovering from...

My house sits in a heavily wooded area. It's just a brick ranch with a walk-out basement in the back. I keep my bikes inside the basement. Memorial Day weekend, I open up the basement and wheel my bike out and load it up. Made several trips for tools and gear. I'm done and ready to go the next day at sunrise. I come back in the house thru my front door.

I forget to close the walkout basement door and leave the lights on in the basement for 2 1/2 days!

Jeezus, Mary, and Joseph! You would not believe what came into my house in that time period!

Insects of every variety! Everything that had six legs and wings was in there! Moths were the worst!

There was an opossum behind my dryer. ( I just put leather glove on and grabbed its tail and tossed it out the door)

I'm still trying to kill the 1000 moths that came to the light and the open door! I've donated a quart of blood to the freakin mosquitos as well!

Note to self! :smirk: This sucks! Don't do it again!

My house sits in a heavily wooded area. It's just a brick ranch with a walk-out basement in the back. I keep my bikes inside the basement. Memorial Day weekend, I open up the basement and wheel my bike out and load it up. Made several trips for tools and gear. I'm done and ready to go the next day at sunrise. I come back in the house thru my front door.

I forget to close the walkout basement door and leave the lights on in the basement for 2 1/2 days!

Jeezus, Mary, and Joseph! You would not believe what came into my house in that time period!

Insects of every variety! Everything that had six legs and wings was in there! Moths were the worst!

There was an opossum behind my dryer. ( I just put leather glove on and grabbed its tail and tossed it out the door)

It's taken me over a week to track down and whack with a pellet gun two chipmunks! They are fast and can do some serious gymnastics in your joists, HVAC, plumbing, couches, beds, etc!

I finally got the last one trying to hide in the woodpile next to the fireplace tonight! Head-shot with a pellet, but he fell off the brick and onto my carpet and squirted blood all over the place!

"Resolve" carpet cleaner works!

I'm still trying to kill the 1000 moths that came to the light and the open door! I've donated a quart of blood to the freakin mosquitos as well!

Note to self! :smirk: This sucks! Don't do it again!

:lol::lol::lol:

:shocked::lol: Sounds like the bugs and critters had a party at your place. I can just picture you kicking back relaxing and then POP! You'ved picked off the rodent without even getting up:lol: It least that is how I pictured you doing it. Actually I also pictured a beer in your hand while you did it.

I wouldnt want to close my eyes at night to sleep until I knew everything was out of there.

Your right, Resolve is great stuff!:thumb:

AH MAN! Go to the tractor store and get these things called bug bombs, indoor safe. You press down on the button and set it down. All the gas inside empties out and kills all the bugs down there, then you just sweep up the remains. We did it to our basement, its almost fun to do.

Dam Bugrun, that sucks! :lol: :lol: :smirk:

Ok, do yourself a favor, get a big shop light and place it about 100' feet from that basement door and turn it on at night with the door open and all the lights off inside. That will draw most of them out. :thumb: Get bombs if you have to. :devil:

:shocked::lol: Sounds like the bugs and critters had a party at your place. I can just picture you kicking back relaxing and then POP! You'ved picked off the rodent without even getting up:lol: It least that is how I pictured you doing it. Actually I also pictured a beer in your hand while you did it.

I wouldnt want to close my eyes at night to sleep until I knew everything was out of there.

@Sun: :lol: It was just like that! :thumb: I heard the critter running along my wall, saw him dive into my wood pile by the fireplace. My feet are up on the coffee table, I put down my beer, grab the pellet gun, aimed, and waited! :thumb: Gruesome in your living room, but necessary! :prof:

James

Staff member
@Sun: :lol: It was just like that! :thumb: I heard the critter running along my wall, saw him dive into my wood pile by the fireplace. My feet are up on the coffee table, I put down my beer, grab the pellet gun, aimed, and waited! :thumb: Gruesome in your living room, but necessary! :prof:
:lol: The funny thing is that I'm guessing that you didn't even have to get up to grab your pellet gun. :smirk:

:thumb: Just clean up the leftovers and throw them in a stew pot with some onions..mmmmmm Good Eaten!

:lol::lol:^^^ no kidding! Buck, I was expecting to hear how you were going to marinate every critter and cook up some fix'ns:smirk: Be thankful you didn't come home to a meth lab :prof:

:lol: The funny thing is that I'm guessing that you didn't even have to get up to grab your pellet gun. :smirk:

:lol: Ugh! F yes! It was on my coffee table! :thumb: :lol: You think I'm a redneck jack in a doublewide? Please!

@CDA and Nedge: Pffft! You guys don't know how to eat! :lol:

James

Staff member
:lol: Ugh! F yes! It was on my coffee table! :thumb: :lol: You think I'm a redneck jack in a doublewide? Please!
:lol: No no, I was implying that you always have a gun close at hand. Basically you see a chipmunk run across your floor and you just reach beside your chair for your rifle. :smirk:

:lol: No no, I was implying that you always have a gun close at hand. Basically you see a chipmunk run across your floor and you just reach beside your chair for your rifle. :smirk:

I'm pretty sure Buck is the Chipmunk Whisperer - you know, he sees a Chipmunk and before you know it, the little critter is bring him a cold one from the fridge.....:thumb:

AH MAN! Go to the tractor store and get these things called bug bombs, indoor safe. You press down on the button and set it down. All the gas inside empties out and kills all the bugs down there, then you just sweep up the remains. We did it to our basement, its almost fun to do.

:shocked::lol: I pictured a beer in your hand while you did it.

:

:shocked:......not at the same time right???? :smirk: