Injured At least I'm young!- ouch!

This year was going to be an awesome year for me (and it could very well still be!) however, It has now slowed down on a significant level. uuugggh.
I crashed this weekend training, and suffered a Compression fracture between vertebrae C 5,6, and 7. I am seething with anger!! full recovery: 3 months, I can start riding lightly in 6 weeks if I get the go ahead. Dr's shot me up with hyaluronic acid and prescribed me pain killers and other joint meds. sooo mad! need another neck brace though- going leatt but any recommendations? I have some models I like in mind but I'm not sure. Off the bike and skates for a while... :foul::cry:

Heal up quick Onedream - that really sucks arse about fracturing the vertebrae....take your time with your healing - you don't want to grow old with those nagging injuries. :prof:

man i am so sorry to hear. from the post i have read in the past, it seems that you have a few friends that are out. it sucks that you joined them. hope the pain goes away fast

Ouch! :cripple: Here's to a speedy recovery. :cheers:

How did it happen?

Spine injuries are my greatest fear. As odd as it may sound (to some), I'm more afraid of being paralyzed then dying. :lol:

P.S. A separate neck brace thread might be better. :thumb:

This I hear, I rather not have a 250 pound large black male wiping my ass for me who is still in nurses training! :shocked:

That is really horrible to hear, you should heal up quickly. Don't rush any treatment, as your back is a incredibly important part of your body :thumb: Not something I'd wanna wing it. Do as the doctor say and get well soon! Oh and make your flat track beeotch bring you soup in bed! :thumb:

yeah and make sure to come up with som creative ideas to keep you ocupied while in bed
In all honesty as far as this goes^ stock pile MX mags, or anything, alot of time in doctors, and alot of time resting! Read, read again and re read MXA :prof:

:cool: get well son, lawn dart. I love you, :cool: PS DONT SCRUB LIKE BUBBA IF YOU ARENT BUBBA oh, the ktm helmet really helped you here HUH... Your getting a set of lawn darts for your birthday. :cool:

Ouch! :cripple: Here's to a speedy recovery. :cheers:

How did it happen?

Spine injuries are my greatest fear. As odd as it may sound (to some), I'm more afraid of being paralyzed then dying. :lol:

P.S. A separate neck brace thread might be better. :thumb:

I went to do a tripple and was not going to make it, so I had two choices: A. Bail or B. case it. I'm not sure witch one was best, but I bailed and hit my head and my neck was rolled down, I impacted sooo hard and it totally knocked the wind out of me. couldn't hear, got blurred vision, was not good. gotta get anew helmet and brace... all in the life. And yes, I was wearing a brace, and I wold have done something way worse then what I did if I hadn't have been wearing it. I agree with you, I am waaayyy more afraid of being paralyzed then dying. scary crash... gotta play my cards right and maybe just maybe I can qualify for loretta's this summer. haha. I hope!

James

Staff member
I went to do a tripple and was not going to make it, so I had two choices: A. Bail or B. case it. I'm not sure witch one was best
That's a really tough choice to make, especially when it has to be a split second decision. Oh and there's not a right or wrong answer. :bonk:

My philosophy has always been to stick with the bike no matter what, unless of course you're underneath the bike (it's going to land on you). Your bike has a pretty darn good suspension, so why not use it? Yes you'll still go flying and yes you'll probably still injure yourself. However (in theory) the suspension hitting the ground/jump backside first should slow you down at a slower rate. Instead of you directly hitting the dirt first. Think of it like the SAFER walls in NASCAR. :noidea:

With that said I'll probably still bail as reflexes are taking over at that point. :lol: :facepalm:

gotta play my cards right and maybe just maybe I can qualify for loretta's this summer. haha. I hope!
When is your LLQ?

That's a really tough choice to make, especially when it has to be a split second decision. Oh and there's not a right or wrong answer. :bonk:

My philosophy has always been to stick with the bike no matter what, unless of course you're underneath the bike (it's going to land on you). Your bike has a pretty darn good suspension, so why not use it? Yes you'll still go flying and yes you'll probably still injure yourself. However (in theory) the suspension hitting the ground/jump backside first should slow you down at a slower rate. Instead of you directly hitting the dirt first. Think of it like the SAFER walls in NASCAR. :noidea:

With that said I'll probably still bail as reflexes are taking over at that point. :lol: :facepalm:

When is your LLQ?

yeah, Just one of those fast decisions, I panicked. The LLQ is in mid- april. I'm gonna have to drop back a class, just started to ride A. gotta go back to women's intermediate, B's and I don't think I'll be going into any open classes.

When is your LLQ?
I can abide by this theroy :thumb: Although, for a long time I just had a nervous thing that I didn't want to risk screwing up my bike, or I'd freak out and tighten up and not be able to bail. If I'm comming up short now I sit back, bend my knees and panic rev harder than I ever have in my entire life. Then when I hit it launches me off so 1) I don't have to worry about getting landed on for comming up short and 2) It lessens the blow to my body and suspension.

James

Staff member
yeah, Just one of those fast decisions, I panicked. The LLQ is in mid- april. I'm gonna have to drop back a class, just started to ride A. gotta go back to women's intermediate, B's and I don't think I'll be going into any open classes.
Does the AMA still class you as B or did they advance you to A?