Anyone race lawnmowers?

The 4th we've got the first event of lawn mower racing, i'm not sure what to expect but i've got an older John Deer and a newer Craftsman that i'm going to be working on to run stock class (pretty much just remove bags and blades) Anyone into this? Thinking about doing some internal mods to the engine :devil: :smirk:

a lawn mower goes about 7 mph. so how do you get them to go so fast? I have seen it on tv b4, looks like some pretty cool stuff

a lawn mower goes about 7 mph. so how do you get them to go so fast? I have seen it on tv b4, looks like some pretty cool stuff

There's ALLOT you can do to a mower to make it faster, even with the stock engine(By stock i mean use it, not leave it stock)

Darrel, take your wr450 engine and put it in your lawnmower. Winrar for sure.

Yank the head off and and cut your own head gasket out of a cereal box... (Thin cereal box) ...Lots of phast stickers.. Tie a string to the governor (Only pull when wanted extra powa) (Do not pull it for over like 8.9 seconds)... Swap pullies....Pour coke cola all over the belt and pullys (make them sticky lol) ...Keep the muffler on it also.. Or some kind of pipe... Lotsa stickers.

it probably won't be, we're still waiting on them to get Flat Track going for bikes... for now a mower is where it's at unless i wanna drop money on a car

My racing mower :smirk:
20110619233352.jpg

nice... :smirk: Well they only had 3 show up, glad i didn't put any effort into it...lol. I'm planning an Endurocross though for up there :devil: