Another Trip To The Dez

Like the title says, with tempatures forcasted in the high 70's, and wind in the 7 to 12 MPH range, I was going to be there! :ride:
My riding partner was Sawyer again, and with the choice of the ride location what it was, Bobs Big Boy all you can eat breakfast buffet was a quick off and on, at Outlet Center.

Also, I still haven't purchased a camera, so cell phone pics only.

Plate #1
CC22.jpg

Plate #2
CC21A.jpg

Plate #3 :thumb:
CC20.jpg

Our destination is behind those hills in the distance.
CC19.jpg

A beautiful day in the Dez.:banana:
CC18.jpg

The first destination on the bikes was the Rock House. It looks like it's been there for a while.
CC17.jpg

Sawyer inside, it is really pretty clean.
CC16.jpg

Random inside shots of everyones graffiti.
CC15.jpg

CC14.jpg

A blurry picture, but there is a DBA sticker on the poll.:devil:
CC13A.jpg

This picture of the outdoor facilities, is especially for Sun.:smirk:
CC12.jpg

Someone left their trailor, I guess if anyone had a broken bike, and needed a tow out.
CC11.jpg

Someone also left a bottle of brandy.
CC10.jpg

After the cabin, we did a crap load of washes, took a wrong turn, and after a couple of gnarly drop downs, I chickened out and turned us around. Sorry, no pictures of that area, but it really was getting hot (70's my ass), and I started getting worried since we were the only ones out riding in that arae. Once back to the wash wrong turn split, we hit the valley for some easy single track.

Alot of this out here.
CC9.jpg

Sawyer still behind me.
CC8.jpg

I traveled all around looking for Tonka Town with no success, so we hit the top of the mountain to see if we could spot it from above.
CC6.jpg

Some sort of seismic recording device.
CC7.jpg

The gismos control box, complete with DBA sticker.
CC3.jpg

The view of the valley.
CC5.jpg

With a few clearings spotted to check out, it was more single track.
CC2.jpg

We never found TT, but we did find a boat.
CC1.jpg

That's the end of the pictures, it got hot, and after being spent from the canyon, we headed back to the trucks A/C, and hit the road. All and all, another great ride day with the kid, who knows how many more decent tempature days are left out there.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 79
All these Father and Son rides you are doing Timo is making me miss my son more and more. 8 weeks and my son and I will be riding together for the first time in 2 years...:banana:

Great report Timo and glad you had a good time. Not sure how you ride after eating all the breakfast...

Once you are at the top of the hill on the main road you travel about 3 or 4 miles north and then take this little trail heading west for a mile or two and you will go right by Tonka Town. :lol: Seriously, how do you ride after eating all that stuff? :thinking: I was thinking of riding this upcoming weekend but the weather looks to be even hotter than last. :shocked:

All these Father and Son rides you are doing Timo is making me miss my son more and more. 8 weeks and my son and I will be riding together for the first time in 2 years...:banana:

Great report Timo and glad you had a good time. Not sure how you ride after eating all the breakfast...

Actually, I think he got the diet plate..........:smirk:...I can only wish my son rode period...albiet my youngest rides...(acoughcoughcoughcoughquad) but needs a bigger quad/bike to be able to go on a longer rider and enjoy it...:thumb:

Hopefully once (not if) I get a more dependable bike you'll keep me in mind when you decide to go "day trippin", I'd love to tag along! :banana:

Another fine report! :thumb: Roost when I can.

That's ok, as long as my Son or I, don't have to ride with you, I hear you like to take out young, unsuspecting riders.:smirk:

:thumb: Roosted!!!!!!!:ride:

Thanks Jackson, back at ya.:thumb:

Sweet,
No pics but after Dirt Bike School, a couple of us guys took a spin up a road ?name? just north of the Cranston Fire Station, was good not great.

Whatever it takes to get the key. :devil:

awesome. wish i was there with you 2

It was a little warm.

Quality time for sure. :thumb:

Once you are at the top of the hill on the main road you travel about 3 or 4 miles north and then take this little trail heading west for a mile or two and you will go right by Tonka Town. :lol: Seriously, how do you ride after eating all that stuff? :thinking: I was thinking of riding this upcoming weekend but the weather looks to be even hotter than last. :shocked:

Looks like I was on the wrong side of the road. :doh:

Actually, I think he got the diet plate..........:smirk:...I can only wish my son rode period...albiet my youngest rides...(acoughcoughcoughcoughquad) but needs a bigger quad/bike to be able to go on a longer rider and enjoy it...:thumb:

Hopefully once (not if) I get a more dependable bike you'll keep me in mind when you decide to go "day trippin", I'd love to tag along! :banana:

I probably souldn't have had that 3rd plate, but at $4.99 each, I was going to get my monies worth.:banana:

I know off subject, but how hot does it get out there. I know it gets in the high 90's with heat index of 100's around here and with the humidity that you can cut with a knife it is almost unbearable and our mountains are same temps as low lands. I still can't let that keep me from riding. Then again I don't ride in the winter with single digit temps, its just too damn cold.

I know off subject, but how hot does it get out there. I know it gets in the high 90's with heat index of 100's around here and with the humidity that you can cut with a knife it is almost unbearable and our mountains are same temps as low lands. I still can't let that keep me from riding. Then again I don't ride in the winter with single digit temps, its just too damn.
It will reach 120 in the deserts with no heat index, just hot. It will average around 110 most of the summer months. You can get a night ride in when it is only 90 or ride early in the morning and be done by 10am before it gets over 100.

I find the problem with the heat in the desert is the bike. So you are only pushing your bike in technical terra going to slow to move air accross the rads. Let alone air that is already 100 deg. Bikes and people just don't like that. So when it gets hot, we head to the coastal or inland mountains. It gets hot there too but you have shade in the trees and water in the creeks.

I know off subject, but how hot does it get out there. I know it gets in the high 90's with heat index of 100's around here and with the humidity that you can cut with a knife it is almost unbearable and our mountains are same temps as low lands. I still can't let that keep me from riding. Then again I don't ride in the winter with single digit temps, its just too damn cold.
That summer heat is miserable. The deal here in California, is that we can ride the mountains in the summertime with temps from the 70's to low 90's and no humidity to speak of, depending on elevation. So we are blessed with both types of riding. See Rack's or Rock's RR's for pics and you get the idea.