Another New Member

Welcome Steve. Tell us about the long story of how you got the name Steve.

I got my name from mom and dad, and didn't have a choice.

My moms maiden name was John, so she was going to name me John as I was the first born, they got so tired of everybody in her family saying, so how's Johnny doing in there? That she decided to name me not John after I was born......what the Hell, Steve is just as good as anything right?

My moms maiden name was John, so she was going to name me John as I was the first born, they got so tired of everybody in her family saying, so how's Johnny doing in there? That she decided to name me not John after I was born......what the Hell, Steve is just as good as anything right?

In my gigantic family the parents went kind of nuts with the saint names (catholic). Then, they did this little stupid letter thing. My oldest brother is Thomas Micheal, but my dads name was Thomas, and mom hated Jr.s, so we all called him Mike, and the kids at school called him Tom. Second kid was Marianne, so we had two M's. Then came along two P's, Patty, Paul, and two C', Carolyn, Cece, then James, and I was supposed to be Joseph Gaetano, mom didn't like Joe for short, and dad didn't like Guy for short, so I got Gary Joseph. So, I go by Tano with family, and Gary is what I ended up with, as the compromise to my grandfather Gaetano Consiglio. I wonder why non of the girls got named Ninfa, or Eliza, after my grand mothers, or the boys Merl after grand dad. Great grand father on dads side was a Thomas. Hahaha

At least they settle with Steve, and Notjohn. LOL

Hey fk you a ho
I FORTUNATELY got the name John after my parents mistakenly named me after a family friend whom they knew as John whos actual name was Gentry. Although John is stupid common and often a toilet reference it’s still better than Gentry. What the hell kinda name is that

In my gigantic family the parents went kind of nuts with the saint names (catholic). Then, they did this little stupid letter thing. My oldest brother is Thomas Micheal, but my dads name was Thomas, and mom hated Jr.s, so we all called him Mike, and the kids at school called him Tom. Second kid was Marianne, so we had two M's. Then came along two P's, Patty, Paul, and two C', Carolyn, Cece, then James, and I was supposed to be Joseph Gaetano, mom didn't like Joe for short, and dad didn't like Guy for short, so I got Gary Joseph. So, I go by Tano with family, and Gary is what I ended up with, as the compromise to my grandfather Gaetano Consiglio. I wonder why non of the girls got named Ninfa, or Eliza, after my grand mothers, or the boys Merl after grand dad. Great grand father on dads side was a Thomas. Hahaha

At least they settle with Steve, and Notjohn. LOL

Yeah, but my brother got named John.