Another new-b from SoCal

My name is Marty and I'm probably in the upper third of the age demographic of most forums. I love to ride - period. My primary scoot right now is a '83 XL 600 and my back-up toy for special occasions is a '63 Nethercutt. Yeah, I'm partial to things like myself - old, simple, and reliable. But, I have to admit: I'm very fond of, and experienced at, going balzout through the pucker bushes on a modern 450.
I'm looking forward to lurking and contributing on a new forum.

Welcome Marty!!!!
Post some pics of your bikes especially that nethercut!!:hail:
Hmmm. New forum, new buttons and commands to learn. Let's try a pic:
407209921.jpg

OK. That worked.
Yeah, it got a heart transplant and a makeover but it is sure a kick. The whole idea of a TrailBreaker is that one is better than walking and carrying. I like to hunt and explore so it suits me fine.
What part of SoCal? Green Valley is where I live but few know where that is. If you were to draw a line from Santa Clarita to Lancaster, I'm right in the middle of that line. I'm in the Angeles National Forest so I've got a lot of dual-sport riding opportunities without going very far. That is what the XL 600 is for.
404336481.jpg

Here's part of the gang on a chukar trip last year. Where we like to go, you gotta have a license plate.

Welcome. :wave: I grew up in Santa Clarita or Saugus when I was a youngster. Rode all over the green valley area years ago.