Another jetting problem.... Maybe?

So my 03 kx250 is bogging badly from 1/8 to around 1/2. I have gone from 42 pilot to 52 with same results (42,45,48,50,52) when holding throttle constant at 1/4 it just bogs itself down til it wants to die. Does this with every pilot I tried. In Montana, elevation is 3200 ft above sea level. I checked the reeds and they are fine. The reed boot is Sun cracked but not all the way through, when I pulled the boot I noticed there were 2 gaskets stacked on one another. I played with the needle a little but nothing. Mixing 32:1 on a 13 hour fresh top end. Any ideas?

So my 03 kx250 is bogging badly from 1/8 to around 1/2. I have gone from 42 pilot to 52 with same results (42,45,48,50,52) when holding throttle constant at 1/4 it just bogs itself down til it wants to die. Does this with every pilot I tried. In Montana, elevation is 3200 ft above sea level. I checked the reeds and they are fine. The reed boot is Sun cracked but not all the way through, when I pulled the boot I noticed there were 2 gaskets stacked on one another. I played with the needle a little but nothing. Mixing 32:1 on a 13 hour fresh top end. Any ideas?

Try adjusting your main jet.

And the spark plug looks like what after killing it after a few bogs? Tough to do, but to me it almost sounds like you are getting a little rich for the heat. Don't rule out lean to to leaks though. What one person's bog is, is blubber to another one. Highly descriptive and no definition. I like Mi's idea to go richer and I do that when I am not sure, as you can see if it gets better or worse, then act accordingly. to lean is harder to fix.

And the spark plug looks like what after killing it after a few bogs? Tough to do, but to me it almost sounds like you are getting a little rich for the heat. Don't rule out lean to to leaks though. What one person's bog is, is blubber to another one. Highly descriptive and no definition. I like Mi's idea to go richer and I do that when I am not sure, as you can see if it gets better or worse, then act accordingly. to lean is harder to fix.
That's just it tho, I don't even know which way to go. Plug was oily so I'd say too rich. It almost seems like something else entirely is going on though

Well there's only Around 14 hours on a top end rebuild, and replaced main bearings. I think it may be coolant. The rads really aren't very low tho. I'll pull the head and check there. Besides scratches Is there anything else I should look for? Warpage?

Well there's only Around 14 hours on a top end rebuild, and replaced main bearings. I think it may be coolant. The rads really aren't very low tho. I'll pull the head and check there. Besides scratches Is there anything else I should look for? Warpage?

Something tells me that we are not getting the whole story here. Something is being left out. Did you re-torque the head and cylinder after the heat cycle?

I didn't. I will do that tonight. I feel like I'm missing a part of the story as well

Throw together a quick gif of it smoking and let us know what it smells like. Sweet is antifreeze. Also, some naked pictures of your wife would help us with our diagnostic anxiety. so post those up as soon as you can.
Thanks. :thumb:

Bad gas? Not that you have old gas, but bad from the station. Got a bad tankful in my SM. Ran like shit and took forever to start and wispy whitish smoke under load. I knew it was something weird because
a. it's air cooled
b. it's a big bore xr I mean c'mon.

Drained the tank and put in some vp I had and it fired on first cycle of the starter and ran awesome.
Try draining the tank and put different gas in it.