Annoying quadtard

Should I throw it in the trash?

• Total voters
IMG_9448.JPG I rode this 4 wheeler all weekend no problem did get some crud in the carb and was having problem with it breaking up when you'd blip the throttle fast. Took the carb apart very apparent that there was crap in it cleaned it up. Put it back on the 4 wheeler now it's acting like it has a vacuum leak! It revs to the moon and the only time it doesn't is when it's starting to run out of fuel in the bowl. So I guess it's drinking too much fuel?! I've messed with the air/fuel screw and the idle screw. As well as taking the entire carb apart again. I'm stumped. It's peeving me off! Ive checked all possible locations for air leaks. I've gone through these carbs plenty but this one is being a twat

I always put inline fuel filters on my 4 strokes but that was a new change since putting it back together. Could some f****ing how that cause my idle issue. I don't see how it would.

While we all want to help, this sounds a lot like another post about a driveability issue we were asked a few months ago. The grammar/punctuation in the OP's original post made it very difficult to understand what happened, and when.
When the sentences are run on and on, without proper punctuation, it's very difficult to ascertain what happened, when it happened, and come to a logical conclusion of the possible outcome of events and diagnose.

Example - "this 4 wheeler all weekend no problem did get some crud in the carb."
When did it get crud in the carb? And how do you know when it happened? Did you not have an air filter on it? Did you ride it through a mud pit? Did you remove the carb and visually see the crud?

Vacuum leaks are very easily detected with a can of carb/brake/flammable substance cleaner.
Take the carb off and start over.
This sounds like operator error to me.

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Cable or slide adjustment/installation. Check the carburetor slide is in the right way. If you put it in backwards it'll rev to the moon. Check for a binding throttle cable keeping the slide off the closed position. -BIG DAN:thumb:

So I took the carb apart a second time after cleaning it. everything was assembled properly. Still wouldn't maintain a normal idle. Messed with slide and needle to insure proper operation. Still wouldn't idle normally. Did nothing else now it's suddenly idling like normal again.....WHY!? The idle screw is like 5000 turns out however. I'm done with this thing. It's being a poopy head

Dont give up.
I remember early in my days of being an auto tech, a co-worker said to me "just be a tech".
That means be knowledgeable, go find the answers, and dont give up.
But if you give up, myself and others here buy "poopy heads"...

Last edited:
It's running fine now, still stumped as to why it was doing that in the first place. Now that I've gotten that issue fixed and back together it's time to deal with the real issue, the rear end. Last ride in the woods on the mud bog trip it started making a horrible noise in the rear end. Needless to say, it looks like somebody dumped a White Russian in the differential. Don't you love buying something to use for a weekend then having to fix everything you broke just so you can get rid of it. :rolleyes:

Oh well, maybe I'll keep it for my nephew after I've done all of this work to it. It was his first off road experience and he had a blast.

Attachments

• IMG_9450.jpg
    IMG_9450.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 4
While we all want to help, this sounds a lot like another post about a driveability issue we were asked a few months ago. The grammar/punctuation in the OP's original post made it very difficult to understand what happened, and when.
When the sentences are run on and on, without proper punctuation, it's very difficult to ascertain what happened, when it happened, and come to a logical conclusion of the possible outcome of events and diagnose.

Example - "this 4 wheeler all weekend no problem did get some crud in the carb."
When did it get crud in the carb? And how do you know when it happened? Did you not have an air filter on it? Did you ride it through a mud pit? Did you remove the carb and visually see the crud?

Vacuum leaks are very easily detected with a can of carb/brake/flammable substance cleaner.
Thank you for the quite long explanation of why it is difficult to understand improper grammar. I'm usually a little easier to understand when I'm not ticked off and typing on my iPhone with greasy hands :lol:

Thank you for the quite long explanation of why it is difficult to understand improper grammar. I'm usually a little easier to understand when I'm not ticked off and typing on my iPhone with greasy hands :lol:
No worries at all, we've all been bent out of shape. I was just trying to stress the importance of proper grammar/punctuation when trying to accurately convey a situation.
And having a cell phone internet connection is light years away from actually "being online" on an actual PC.
Things get jumbled and lost when using a cell phone.
PC's are way better for actual communications.
Glad you got it figured out, whether or not you understand why :ride:

View attachment 30603 I rode this 4 wheeler all weekend no problem did get some crud in the carb and was having problem with it breaking up when you'd blip the throttle fast. Took the carb apart very apparent that there was crap in it cleaned it up. Put it back on the 4 wheeler now it's acting like it has a vacuum leak! It revs to the moon and the only time it doesn't is when it's starting to run out of fuel in the bowl. So I guess it's drinking too much fuel?! I've messed with the air/fuel screw and the idle screw. As well as taking the entire carb apart again. I'm stumped. It's peeving me off! Ive checked all possible locations for air leaks. I've gone through these carbs plenty but this one is being a twat

It's an aquired skill, but once you learn to understand Emilyese, or even floridianese, or better yet Floridian Emilyese, then you can understand these posts with ease (pun intended), I know it's kinda like reading backwards hyrogliphocs at first but it will come grasshopper, it I'll come.......by the way Em, glad you got your gay little quad up and going.:hifive:

It's an aquired skill, but once you learn to understand Emilyese, or even floridianese, or better yet Floridian Emilyese, then you can understand these posts with ease (pun intended), I know it's kinda like reading backwards hyrogliphocs at first but it will come grasshopper, it I'll come.......by the way Em, glad you got your gay little quad up and going.:hifive:

A ginger with a pension for dark meat.
Just sayin....:peep: