Ankle Braces

Do any of y'all wear ankle braces on and/or off the bike? I have weak ankles and my doctor prescribed these terrible huge uncomfortable bulky ankle braces for me to wear when being on my feet for a good amount of time. My ankles "overpronate" if you know what that is you know what I'm talking about when I say my ankles are weak and "slouch over" it causes my ankles to give out quite a bit and usually leaves me not being able to sleep at the end of the day, from what I understand these braces are suppose to hold my ankles in a normal position while keeping me from spraining them 24/7. But that doesn't really work seeing how I never wear them due to their bulkiness and uncomfortableness. SO now that I have talked your ear off :blah: .

What braces do you wear that supply adequate support? :thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Wear them now or face the consequences. My dad's ankles roll out really badly. To the point of destroying shoes after a week.
He now wears a brace fulltime and it's no fun. All because he didn't get it treated when he was younger. Just my 2 cents, Em. -BIG DAN

Wear them now or face the consequences. My dad's ankles roll out really badly. To the point of destroying shoes after a week.
He now wears a brace fulltime and it's no fun. All because he didn't get it treated when he was younger. Just my 2 cents, Em. -BIG DAN

I hear you on that one, here is my most worn pair of shoes. I didn't realize I walked so bad until I saw those. If I wear a brand new shoes and go walking for a while you notice that same wear pattern :cry: my whole left leg hurts worse to and that appears to be my extremely effed up one
IMAG0415.jpg

But my basic complaint is not even being able to fit them into a pair of regular tennis shoes without it causing pain and not being able to tie them.

James

Staff member
Exactly!

Not sure which MX boots you wear now but I'd get the higher grade ones as they'll offer more ankle support. (for when you ride)

I wore them during football... High top cleats are alot different than mx boots tho. I used to wear an ankle brace on my left ankle but it was just too uncomfortable.

Exactly!

Not sure which MX boots you wear now but I'd get the higher grade ones as they'll offer more ankle support. (for when you ride)

My mom got me Tech 3s for Christmas and without me even saying anything about them she told me she had no problem with me returning them and her buying me SG10s instead (like I have said I get a discount so we wont be breaking the bank) The tech 3s overall just don't feel good to me. For one yes I have never owned mx boots before but they just seem BEYOND stiff I think I'd like the hinged ankle better, and the straps on them are just cheesy to me! and I can't get them as snug as I'd like.

James

Staff member
My mom got me Tech 3s for Christmas and without me even saying anything about them she told me she had no problem with me returning them and her buying me SG10s instead (like I have said I get a discount so we wont be breaking the bank) The tech 3s overall just don't feel good to me. For one yes I have never owned mx boots before but they just seem BEYOND stiff I think I'd like the hinged ankle better, and the straps on them are just cheesy to me! and I can't get them as snug as I'd like.
If she's offering to get SG10s (or even Tech 10's), DO IT! However if you're looking for a slightly cheaper boot I'd look into the Tech 7's. :thumb:

BTW all MX boots are stiff, it's just a matter of how stiff and how fast they break in. :lol:

If she's offering to get SG10s (or even Tech 10's), DO IT! However if you're looking for a slightly cheaper boot I'd look into the Tech 7's. :thumb:

BTW all MX boots are stiff, it's just a matter of how stiff and how fast they break in. :lol:

Well I can get SG10s for 280-300 depending on the discount the dude can get on that product. So That's deff a bet!

And I know all MX boots are going to be stiff :smirk: I just think one with a pivoting ankle would please me more. I'm high maintenance :moon:

James

Staff member
Well I can get SG10s for 280-300 depending on the discount the dude can get on that product. So That's deff a bet!

And I know all MX boots are going to be stiff :smirk: I just think one with a pivoting ankle would please me more. I'm high maintenance :moon:
:thumb: Then I'd go for the SG10s.