A simple race report

This isn't much, but I went out and decided to run the Summit co. faircross. We left early in the AM, as they held two separate races that day. I decided to run both. We brought our camper up and and found a spot and went to sign in. Our lovely neighbor decided to start bitching the second we got our bike off, and it was a wonder how my dad reframed from knocking his head clean off his shoulders right there. Some people :picard: The track wasn't much, being it was built for that day at a fair it was one circle, a small table, an alright double, a small double, 2 berms and a long chain of easy whoops. I found one of my friends there before practice so we hung out the first part of the day. It was pretty nice out too :thumb: I pulled a kind 5/10 in 250C and 3/4 in schoolboy, as my dad wanted me just to run it for fun and practice. I was eating junk all morning and just there to hang out and have fun. :lol: After my first race, 1 moto, 8 laps I went to get something to eat and walk around the fair. Bacon cheese burger and cheese fries :drool: (Mind you, a serious race I don't eat that shit the day before, during and the day after). Then I went and took a longgg nice 3-4 hour nap in the camper. my dad woke me up when Darren (Mojavekid18) got there around the time of the race. We met up and hung out, then headed out to practice.
THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD- I went out for my 3rd practice of the day, as we lined up we were letting jokes and such fly around the group. During practice I felt really good for some reason. Skippin around here like a boss.. I'll bring you to the line of 250. We were all hanging out having a good time. The 'gate' finally dropped and I got a fair start. Less than a half lap in, I came over one jump and started accelerating into the next, and the guy right ahead of me highsided and sent his bike right at me. I couldn't brake and smashed straight into it and hit the ground. I kinda rolled but got caught under the mess of our bikes, as my bike and myself went cartwheeling down the track. :shocked: I jumped up asap well the other 2 stayed down. One bike was on top of mine so I flung it off. Before I knew it the whole race was red flagged and the track personal were surrounding myself and the others wanting to know if we were okay. I was 100% fine, and so was my bike, miraculously. The other 2011 yamaha was beat to shit on the ground over a pile of missing screws. The police told my dad not to go out there, he said fuck the police and jumped the safety fence and before I knew it was at my side white as a ghost :shocked: I got up, talked to some of the dudes who were with the track and rode off with nothing more than scratches and a small small bend in my brake lever. I couldn't help buy smile when the whole audience stood up for a standing ovation :) :D WHERE IT GETS EVEN BETTER- When I got back to the truck and readjusted my levers and such I couldn't help but notice I was fine, so was the bike and I was totally out of fucks. So since I was running moto 10 and 12 I got my shit and got back on the bike and flew down to staging when I felt like a most popular rider with everyone talking about me :) All good stuff too! I lined up, with ever scrap of adrenaline and when the gate dropped the bullshit stopped. I got 2nd into the hole then the guy in front went over the berm first lap. I was the race leader from there. I just pushed myself as hard as I could hauling everywhere hitting everything and before I knew it I carried over the finish in 1st, no pressure. Needless to say I fist pumped my heart out, got to the truck, dropped to my knees and praised the hell out of god :D :D :D :) :) :) I literally never felt so happy, I couldn't believe it002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

:thumb: Thanks everybody, time to line back up again tonight! Don't really want to (with work this morning, and the fact it's raining) but oh well, 10 more points and I take over 3rd in points for schoolboy :clap:

Thanks dude :thumb: It's all been so rewarding this year, I started out back of the pack and now got around to winning, talk about a turn around! :)
:thumb: Same here in my day. Worked my way up to the front and then they kicked me to the next class above and I was getting smoked by 125's when I was still on my 500 across the desert. It was a hole new level and it took me another year to gain the confidence to twist the throttle that much more....

:thumb: Same here in my day. Worked my way up to the front and then they kicked me to the next class above and I was getting smoked by 125's when I was still on my 500 across the desert. It was a hole new level and it took me another year to gain the confidence to twist the throttle that much more....
Riding with better people always makes you a better rider, even if it isn't 'fun'. I credit schoolboy a lot for that reason, it really gave me a kick in the ass! All around did it help though, even brought me a little recognition around the track.