A little something I do to relieve stress. (Flight Simulator)

James

Staff member
Departing South Bend Regional in a CRJ700

fs_1.jpg

Coming off of Lake Michigan into Chicago/O'Hare Intl.

fs_2.jpg

O'Hare approach.

fs_3.jpg

Flying in over the O'Hare terminal.

fs_4.jpg

Taxiing off the runway at O'Hare. Damn tower kept yelling at me to get off, I'm going...I'm going...chill already.
fs_5.jpg

I think they had them stacked up pretty tight as I was barely off the runway when he got take off clearance. :shocked:

fs_9.jpg

Next I hopped onto a 747 bound for Minneapolis. Take off at O'Hare.
fs_6.jpg

Final at Minneapolis.

fs_7.jpg

Wheels down at Minneapolis.
fs_8.jpg

Here's a nice shot of the moon over the lake while inbound to South Bend Regional with the CRJ700.

moon2.jpg

Inbound South Bend Regional.
landing.jpg

nice what sim is that? do you have a joystick and throttle set up?

I use to have a decent throttle and joystick and i enjoyed playing the microsoft flight sim that was out around 2000. Was kinda neat you could download real time weather and they even had digital jobs you could get hired for. I had fun with it untill a fire melted my joystick along with part of my house..... never got back into it after that.

I use to have a decent throttle and joystick and i enjoyed playing the microsoft flight sim that was out around 2000. Was kinda neat you could download real time weather and they even had digital jobs you could get hired for. I had fun with it untill a fire melted my joystick along with part of my house..... never got back into it after that.

I like how as a second thought you decided to mention that not only your joystick caught on fire but your house did :lol:

I like how as a second thought you decided to mention that not only your joystick caught on fire but your house did :lol:

and how is that funny? my wife was pregnant with our first child and my house nearly burnt to the ground. putting my pregnant wife and i out of a place to live for 3 months.... HAHAHA real funny

Departing South Bend Regional in a CRJ700

View attachment 4281

Coming off of Lake Michigan into Chicago/O'Hare Intl.

View attachment 4282

O'Hare approach.

View attachment 4283

Flying in over the O'Hare terminal.

View attachment 4284

Taxiing off the runway at O'Hare. Damn tower kept yelling at me to get off, I'm going...I'm going...chill already.
View attachment 4285

I think they had them stacked up pretty tight as I was barely off the runway when he got take off clearance. :shocked:

View attachment 4292

Next I hopped onto a 747 bound for Minneapolis. Take off at O'Hare.
View attachment 4286

Final at Minneapolis.

View attachment 4287

Wheels down at Minneapolis.
View attachment 4288

Here's a nice shot of the moon over the lake while inbound to South Bend Regional with the CRJ700.

View attachment 4290

Inbound South Bend Regional.
View attachment 4289

Wow, when I read the title I was hesitant to open it up. Then I remembered I was on DBA and its PG 13 and the Admins post. Nearly dodged that bullet. :P

and how is that funny? my wife was pregnant with our first child and my house nearly burnt to the ground. putting my pregnant wife and i out of a place to live for 3 months.... HAHAHA real funny

No no sir, I said the way you typed it was funny. :thumb:

Fires are no good :naughty:

they did remove the twin towers from the sim games after 911.

and i mean the games that were already out not future games not made yet.

James

Staff member
I am glad to see you getting some use of the corporate jet.
Yup Mr. Edge was nice enough to let me use it this weekend. :thumb:
It's FS X

I used to have the Saitek X52 Pro, but for some stupid reason I sold it (:noidea: late teen years, to busy with other stuff :smirk:).
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=3249&idCategory=173

x52pro_4.jpg

The (MFD) Multi-Function Display was pretty badarse as you could adjust your radios with it.

Plus the throttle had a mouse on it, that way you never had to take your hands off the controls.
x52pro_2.jpg

Yeah the weather system is pretty sweet, I love making the visibility less than 1/4 mile, cloud cover down to 300-400 ft, and at night. :lol: IMO there's nothing cooler then flying under IFR and having ATC bring you to the localizer in virtually zero visibility. And then bringing the glideslope down until you can see the runway a few hundred feet in front of you. :shocked:

Did you ever use a headset for your ATC? If you have an USB one (or a 2nd sound card) you can separate the ATC/radio from everything else. Now I just need to get that voice recognition setup, that way you can actually talk. :rocker:

allah snackbar! Many thanks to you non-Sharia infidels! You save us time and money!

:shocked:
:confused: Huh? :lol:
Nice flying, ever crash into anything :noidea:
I usually try doing everything by the book, but now my bro would always go and see how many times he could flip a 747. :lol::facepalm:

never had a headset but i did have a saitek ... it had a throttle but it wasnt nearly as nice as that one is. I was in Fry's(electronic store) the other day and they had a tripple monitor set up. all three screens where turned sideways with the 2 on the side tilted in a little so you have that surrounded feeling. All i could think of was how cool it would be for a flight sim type game.

I remember looking at forums where guys had crazy full on cockpits in their house.

These sims are really awesome tho. You really can learn how to fly... the only thing you dont get is a feel for real rutters with real turbulance and all the g forces and what not. other then the physical aspects of flying you really do learn all the other stuff.

James

Staff member
had a tripple monitor set up. all three screens where turned sideways with the 2 on the side tilted in a little so you have that surrounded feeling.
I used to have a second monitor where I'd put the radio stack, upper panel, and throttle quadrant on. :thumb:
These sims are really awesome tho. You really can learn how to fly... the only thing you dont get is a feel for real rutters with real turbulance and all the g forces and what not. other then the physical aspects of flying you really do learn all the other stuff.
:lol: Yeah FS X very realistic, for example all frequencies and airport layouts are the same as the real world.

You can turn on the rudders, turbulence, gyro effect, engine/wing stress, etc; but yeah you don't get the "real" feel of them.

I have flown a real Piper Arrow (little single prop plane) and the instructor was so impressed with my "experience" that he let me taxi, takeoff, fly, and land without any help from him. All he did was handle the radios. :rocker:

Nice... yea back when i was playing i was pretty confident that if i had to i could fly one of the smaller sesnas (horrible spelling) and that was from the older one not FS X but the one before it.

Next time you play fly out of San Diego international to Mcarthor(?) or whatever it is called that is in las vegas. I use to love flying that one.

James

Staff member
Nice... yea back when i was playing i was pretty confident that if i had to i could fly one of the smaller sesnas (horrible spelling) and that was from the older one not FS X but the one before it.

Next time you play fly out of San Diego international to Mcarthor(?) or whatever it is called that is in las vegas. I use to love flying that one.
Yeah I do need to start flying other routes, the problem though is that I need to go print out the frequencies and maps. :lol:

I believe that that's McClarren (sp?) :noidea: