A Different Ride Report

My wife and I took the Harley for a short road trip, left Friday morning and returned Sunday afternoon. Rode up the coast, highway 1 to be exact, along Santa Barbara, Pismo, Big Sur and Monterey. DSCN1566.jpgDSCN1567.jpgStayed at a nice little place in Cambria the first night then headed up the coast. DSCN1572.jpgDSCN1576.jpgDSCN1578.jpgCheck out the house on the side of the cliff. DSCN1580.jpgAfter Monterey it was back down to Paso Robles for the night and then homeward bound. We even took a nice road and worked our way over to visit Weathergeek and caught him in the front yard doing some last minute yard work. Perfect weather for 765 miles of ocean, pine trees, grape vineyards,DSCN1584.jpg and cow country. Oh, went through Taft, oil armpit of the state I do believe. DSCN1582.jpgDSCN1583.jpg

that is a beautiful part of the state, Ive seem the house on the cliff and wondered what it takes to be that rich/lucky/etc. Taft is good dirt bike riding after it rains some. What did it cost for that room in Cambria, $400??

James

Staff member
You sure drink a lot. :smirk:

Some great shots, especially of the water fronts. :thinking: How do they get down to their house?

The room in Cambria was $180 for Friday night. They have some in the very front that go for close to $300. I did see some KTM's in a truck and figured they were out riding in the area. Not only is the place ugly, it smells of petroleum everywhere.
that is a beautiful part of the state, Ive seem the house on the cliff and wondered what it takes to be that rich/lucky/etc. Taft is good dirt bike riding after it rains some. What did it cost for that room in Cambria, $400??

You noticed that too. All my pictures it seems I have something in my hand. I am actually just holding it for my wife. :lol: That house has some steep ass driveway that works it's way down. The place would give me the creeps on that cliff after seeing all the slides along that highway. I would be afraid of walking out in my yard after a couple of cocktails and going over the side. :devil:
You sure drink a lot. :smirk:

Some great shots, especially of the water fronts. :thinking: How do they get down to their house?

Ive seem the house on the cliff and wondered what it takes to be that rich/lucky/etc.
I always wonder the same thing. Some of these places are so exotic and expensive. Other areas of amazement are the ranches and vineyards where the land goes on forever. I can not even imagine paying the property taxes every year. :cry: