77 miles New Friends Puddles Mud and a flat tire RR

So i went out for a solo ride in East County San Diego. got out there nice and early around 7:30 or so. No one else was at the staging spot at Pine Valley so i geared up put my newly packed vest on(important later) and off i went for the 10 mile fireroad warm up. It was slippery and muddy in spots. about a half a mile up the road on a small rocky uphill i watch my GPS flyy off the handle bars. I had it zip tied and everything but the rubber part where the loop is on the 60csx broke too. So i stop on the hill get off the bike and go get it... still working but the protective glass/plastic on the outside was laying next to it. Popped it on and it fine :thumb: So while there i snapped this pic with my wifes sony cyber shot
11l7aef.jpg

Few miles up the road i pulled off for some more paparazi action and got these pics...

look at how clean my lady is...
jl2r0o.jpg

This is the 8 freeway left side is west bound and right side is east
a32yc1.jpg

next i finished off the rest of the 10 mile fireroad and started heading up Kernan Cycle Trail. I will never get sick of the view of the lake from the top of Kernan Cycle Trail. also farther back is Mexico....
nxnq78.jpg

I now made it down Kernan across the creek and road and up to 4 corners staging spot where....
Can you tell how happy the T-Rav is to be out riding his dirt bike even if he is solo?
1zlzwiv.jpg

Sometimes i do enjoy just getting out by myself and pondering the important things in life...
mtrqlu.jpg

My ladys Tail end is getting all dirty
eteavc.jpg

Another one of the Great Views.... Would never really think of San Diego when you see a pic like this but :prof: East SD is very underrated as far as how good the trails are.
ae44cy.jpg

you can see a Giant Rock face in this pic... apparently some rare falcon nests on it... never seen anything but pics but its a cool rock face thats for sure
10psxsg.jpg

From that ST i started my way onto the BIG loop. Its all fireroad but i must say its the funnest Fireroad you will ever ride. Its not graded the whole way so this one section is jumps and curves going up and down int the oak trees... i think there is something like 8 water crossings in the spring when snow melts. Anyhow i told myself im not gonna throw mmyself into anything gnarly. Then i came up to this sign.
20tjihd.jpg

Whats that you say? Most difficult? Well now i feel like the sign is calling me out so off i go. I soon find out that this is a 4x4 trail :lol: super rocky and all climb. ohh i fogot to mention muddy and wet too :rocker: So i got to this.
330dwlw.jpg

i have it on video ill get uploaded later as well but i made it right up and didnt staul or anything :rocker: after that it was a lot more of the same but i was able to avoid the big rock faces you have to pretty much jump up :P... I never been on that trail before so i didnt know what was in store for me... So when i boiled over I stopped and went back down all that.
Here is a pic of my not so clean lady at the spot i turned around.
2mmixs0.jpg

and the pano
53u68n.jpg

After heading back down to the fireroad i continued on to what i knew cause i am riding solo and im trying not to push my limits and bike. I came to Trail #1 really fun trail i have in some of my older videos...
2ur1b49.jpg

Not far from that point i came up on a group of 4 riders who were all really cool and more then happy to have me join them. So off we went right back down what i came up to ride with the group. Took me on some trails i knew and some trails i never been on before and now i can push myself trying to keep up with a couple of the faster guys in teh group. Everythigns going great we are moving along NP. Then one guy points down at my tire and says you have a flat... All i could think was DAMMM im glad i just started that what you put in your pack thread. So we find a couple rocks and i get to work.
66atl5.jpg

Everyone was very impressed with my vest and what i had.. they started to try and joke around after one guy said "i usually use WD40" and i said "ohh i got that too" Then someone said something about a snack and i told em about the TUNA :lol: They were all very impressed with what i had in there.
I am hiding in this picture see if you can find me
1z4y3om.jpg

Lastly we made it back to the road by the 4 corners staging and i had to say goodbye to my newly made dirt bike friends and headed back to the truck
dfyrs5.jpg

77 miles
New Friends
Puddles
Mud
and a little work on the trail

Days just dont get better then this that often.

Nice RE-PORT T-RAV...:smirk:
Are you the flat master? You master the flat.... Gotta love the Vest eh....Best investment I ever have spent on. Thanks to Agent (Rick) who told me I would love it if I got one. :prof:

yea the vest is amazing. I had my doubts this morning after i put the 100l resivour i have in it cause its heavy as hell but once it was on my body i never felt like i had a bunch of weight on me.

i dont know WTF is up with me and flats lately :foul: shit better stop it tho.

Yep, you pick up the vest and go :f: this heavy...throw it over your shoulders clip it, pull it tight and BAM......Feels light as shat....No tugging on my back just square weight across the shoulders. Now add the back pack like Timoyz and you have fresh cans of courage and safety meeting paraphernalia. :banana:

Air pressure...What are you running?

yea the vest is amazing. I had my doubts this morning after i put the 100l resivour i have in it cause its heavy as hell but once it was on my body i never felt like i had a bunch of weight on me.

i dont know WTF is up with me and flats lately :foul: shit better stop it tho.

Start running heavy duty or even extra heavy duty tubes. Air to 15lbs.

Yep, you pick up the vest and go :f: this heavy...throw it over your shoulders clip it, pull it tight and BAM......Feels light as shat....No tugging on my back just square weight across the shoulders. Now add the back pack like Timoyz and you have fresh cans of courage and safety meeting paraphernalia. :banana:

Air pressure...What are you running?
Vest has a perfect spot for Safety Meeting Office Supplys already :thumb:

I run 13 PSI

Start running heavy duty or even extra heavy duty tubes. Air to 15lbs.

yea i might have to... im scared of those extra heavy duty tubes tho... i actually had to cut a tire off cause one is so thick it stands up by itself when cut in half.

That 2 extra PSI makes a big diff. If I do the Dez it is 16 front and well when I was running a knobby on the back 15. With the Trials its 8 on any terra. But in the mountains I run 14 front and 14 rear w/knobby.

Nice Trav. Sounded lika a perfect day. :thumb:

Vest has a perfect spot for Safety Meeting Office Supplys already :thumb:

I run 13 PSI

yea i might have to... im scared of those extra heavy duty tubes tho... i actually had to cut a tire off cause one is so thick it stands up by itself when cut in half.

You ran a 21" ultra heavy duty in your rear, after gas in Mineola.:smirk:

That 2 extra PSI makes a big diff. If I do the Dez it is 16 front and well when I was running a knobby on the back 15. With the Trials its 8 on any terra. But in the mountains I run 14 front and 14 rear w/knobby.

On high speed Dez runs, I'll do 18 in the front, and 15 in the rear. :prof:

Great RR Trav. I want to get down there and ride with ya. -BIG DAN

Ditto. Looks like Trav needs to have a Cali DBA South ride. :thinking:

ive been trying to get people down here in SD to ride for a while.

The problem is that this place is sketchy on weekends with the crowds because its the only thing in SD that is legal and not desert that people know about.

The Trails here are really fun tho. Just not a whole lot of mileage on the ST stuff.

Nice RR T-rav...as for the flats, maybe it's from slammin into the rock faces to "jump them" like you said you had to do ... :shocked:

naw the big rocks arent the big problem... i think its those pointy rocks on the fireroads that get ya.

BTW rez... that Kernan Cycle Trail.... muddy switchbacks going back up it .... :wave: sleep tight thinking about that one rez :P

naw the big rocks arent the big problem... i think its those pointy rocks on the fireroads that get ya.

BTW rez... that Kernan Cycle Trail.... muddy switchbacks going back up it .... :wave: sleep tight thinking about that one rez :P

I used to like you T-rav ... :rant:....:rolleyes:.....:smirk:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I Destroyed my rim that one day and never got a flat... sometimes you go months without flats, sometimes you can't get the tire back on the bike before it blows again... damn tubes... -BIG DAN:thumb: