Fallen 5 Killed, 13 injured In Motorhome Crash

James

Staff member
Wow, don't even know what to say, very sad. :(

According to news sources, a RV/motorhome driving home from a Texas motocross event crashed on I-35, killing 5 and injuring 13.

Five family members who died in the crash have been identified as Melissa Kerber, 24, Tom Kerber, 25, Jessica Kerber, 10, Joy Kerber, 14, and James Kerber, 12, all of Minnesota.

Those injured were: Adam Kerber, 17; Timothy Kerber, 15; Payton Hammers, 2; Hannah Kerber, 5; Matthew Hammers, 30; Cody Slark, 18; Sarah Kerber, 14; Nicholas Kerber, 8; Pauline Kerber, 46; Matt Vanbank, 16; Madelyne Barney, 14; Ashley Henry, 21; Zachery Bell, 16.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/Family_In_Motor_Home_Crash__145773545.html
http://www.kctv5.com/story/17305509/multiple-fatalities-18-injured-in-osage-county-accident

Tragic! :( Driving a big motorhome and long trailer is not as easy as people think. You need to always be paying attention. Is 17 years old too young for this? I was 15 1/2 with my learners permit when my dad coughed up the drivers seat to our 28' motorhome and 20' boat hooked up behind. I was driving trucks, tractors and pulling trailers since I was 10 though, so not sure.
18 people in one vehicle seems to have potential for a lot of chaos and distractions as well.

RIP to the family members lost and prayer to the all that are involved or impacted by this devastating accident.

Tragic! :( Driving a big motorhome and long trailer is not as easy as people think. You need to always be paying attention. Is 17 years old too young for this? I was 15 1/2 with my learners permit when my dad coughed up the drivers seat to our 28' motorhome and 20' boat hooked up behind. I was driving trucks, tractors and pulling trailers since I was 10 though, so not sure.
18 people in one vehicle seems to have potential for a lot of chaos and distractions as well.

RIP to the family members lost and prayer to the all that are involved or impacted by this devastating accident.

There is points where it's hard to say.. one child is different then another.. There are plently of adults out there who should not even be aloud to drive a remote control car let alone something like that..Then again there is surely some kids who are capable of it..

With that being said. I don't think the kid should have been driving something as big as that with as many people in there.. They were longer then a standard semi.. I'd say close to 70' There is a reason Semi drivers are required to have a CDL. Common driving experience should be gained before being aloud to drive something that big. So IMHO the kid should not have been driving.. Then you compound fatigue and distractions from what I believe was driving non stop from TX till well the accident resulted in this tragedy.

Unfortunatly the young lad is going to have to live with the fact he was the one in control and it resulted in the death of so many. I do feel sorry for him and the family and It was an accident how ever it might have been a preventable one had he not have been driving. Or had they just stopped and rested instead of pushing the driving.

It was news up here. Very sad, I am checking to see if any of these kids race against my son or daughter. We were coming back from Texas at the same time. Such a bummer.