450F 2017 CRF450RX

some changes to what they had been offering for what, 10 years? sadly they could raise the bar again and didn't. It can be made as competitive as you want it I am sure. Or as reliable. Yamaha did better and it is too bad that the other J companies dont do anything. FYI kaw had one in 2009, you should find one of their gear sets.

SRAD97750

Staff member
some changes to what they had been offering for what, 10 years? sadly they could raise the bar again and didn't. It can be made as competitive as you want it I am sure. Or as reliable. Yamaha did better and it is too bad that the other J companies dont do anything. FYI kaw had one in 2009, you should find one of their gear sets.
Perhaps I'm a goof, but what would you have liked to see them do with it? Just curious, never really had any living-with-a-4T experience. -BIG DAN:thumb:

first off, the rest of the real competition (euro's) have a 6 speed trans. I am on the fence about injection and like the carburetors that Honda uses and Yamaha used to, but injection is working for yamaha and ktm etc. it is here and has it's advantages for those who are going to compete. they continue with the weight they have always carried, and the rest are getting under that. so far they haven't announced a solution to the valve situation, and again, yamaha has made ti valves work in all 4 holes after they showed how to make it work in 5 holes. the weight to me is the big thing, 269 full according to the ads. they all seem to be kind of waiting on eachother, but the last 450 i was on (it was a 2013) felt heavier than a 2008 crf450 and the ktm 2014 felt lighter too. honda always felt lighter than the rest to me to be up front. Seems like they all kind of reached a point and no one is really moving very far or fast, and in Hondas case it is always about what they accountants want. You get so big like they have and so little of their money comes from motorcycles anymore that the people who wold like to have something better and get back to the leadership role they once had get ignored.

So I guess the big change that I would like to see from Red is to act smaller again, or get some leadership that has held onto some handle bars away from the photo sessions.

Perhaps I'm a goof, but what would you have liked to see them do with it? Just curious, never really had any living-with-a-4T experience. -BIG DAN:thumb:
to me anyway, I was at the yamaha dealership the other day, looking at a wr450f, electric fans, final build quality was really good, on top of that, wide ratio transmission, full enduro lighting, enduro computer, basically ready to go with the GYTR tuner.

By comparison, Honda is advertising that their off road model has a kick stand (big fucking deal right?) Basically just from what I watched this morning and remember, Honda realized they still had a lot of side stands and 18" rear wheels left over from the out going CRF450X
My only hope is that with Yamaha's new off road models, suzuki's RMZ450X making a come back this year as well, and Honda at least no longer selling the 07 CRF450X as a 2017, that maybe it will inspire better/more off road specific bikes from all the Japs, Kawi could make a mean one out of the kx450 platform.

I will pretty much ride anything with a motor and 2 wheels from the big companies, and I'm sure this bike will be plenty fast and praised by the Honda crowd, but I'd have a hard time buying this over a WR450F/YZ450FX. Just seems like Honda did this as an after thought. Speaking of such, seeing as how I remember watching team red dominate everything when I was too young/small to ride myself, its interesting how few red bikes are at the local races now a days.

If Honda really wants to win big on sales then they need to bring back the XR line and original motor. Fast, reliable and bullet proof. Those are the bikes that made all of this possible and affordable.
I rode a wr250f the other day and I was scared I was going to break it. Who wants to ride like that?

to me anyway, I was at the yamaha dealership the other day, looking at a wr450f, electric fans, final build quality was really good, on top of that, wide ratio transmission, full enduro lighting, enduro computer, basically ready to go with the GYTR tuner.

By comparison, Honda is advertising that their off road model has a kick stand (big fucking deal right?) Basically just from what I watched this morning and remember, Honda realized they still had a lot of side stands and 18" rear wheels left over from the out going CRF450X
My only hope is that with Yamaha's new off road models, suzuki's RMZ450X making a come back this year as well, and Honda at least no longer selling the 07 CRF450X as a 2017, that maybe it will inspire better/more off road specific bikes from all the Japs, Kawi could make a mean one out of the kx450 platform.

I will pretty much ride anything with a motor and 2 wheels from the big companies, and I'm sure this bike will be plenty fast and praised by the Honda crowd, but I'd have a hard time buying this over a WR450F/YZ450FX. Just seems like Honda did this as an after thought. Speaking of such, seeing as how I remember watching team red dominate everything when I was too young/small to ride myself, its interesting how few red bikes are at the local races now a days.

The one they (green) had in 2009 was a good rig, more race bike than trail bike and I would have thought it would appeal more. I think Yamaha has done a good thing for a certain market with their x line, since it is basically mx like with an ebutton and wide ratio trans, in the case of the 250 a six speed. I am avoiding spenard road so I dont stop and look and sit on one.

The one they (green) had in 2009 was a good rig, more race bike than trail bike and I would have thought it would appeal more. I think Yamaha has done a good thing for a certain market with their x line, since it is basically mx like with an ebutton and wide ratio trans, in the case of the 250 a six speed. I am avoiding spenard road so I dont stop and look and sit on one.
The yamaha shop right down the street from me has known me since I started riding, my dad longer than that.
I commented that I started this whole thing on a blue bike and would like to be back on one, he commented they'd like to see me back on one. Perhaps something mutually beneficial can come out of it.

The yamaha shop right down the street from me has known me since I started riding, my dad longer than that.
I commented that I started this whole thing on a blue bike and would like to be back on one, he commented they'd like to see me back on one. Perhaps something mutually beneficial can come out of it.

I had two yamaha shops who would see me eyeing something and just tell me to take it with me and if I didnt like it to bring it back, and if I did, to just come back and pay for it. It is why I stay away from them when I am in a weakened state.

Now if comifornia would plate the blue beast, all would be well.

You can call South Dakota DMV. Pre arrange a title and registration, mail them your off road only title and some cash and they will mail back a legal title and legal registration for a motorcycle. That's how my buddy got his wr plated. Next year it will be registered in NJ.