Pro 2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Schedule

James

Staff member
May 18 - Hangtown Motocross Classic - Sacramento, Calif.
May 25 - Thunder Valley National - Lakewood, Colo.
June 1 - Bristol National - Blountville, Tenn.
June 8 - High Point National - Mt. Morris, Pa.
June 22 - Budds Creek National - Mechanicsville, Md.
June 29 - Moto X 338 National - Southwick, Mass.
July 6 - RedBud National - Buchanan, Mich.
July 20 - Washougal National - Washougal, Wash.
July 27 - Spring Creek National - Millville, Minn.
August 10 - Unadilla National - New Berlin, N.Y.
August 17 - Miller Motorsports Park - Tooele, Utah
August 24 - Lake Elsinore National - Lake Elsinore, Calif.

Looks like they finally removed one of the two Pennsylvania tracks.

Dang nothing like crisscrossing the nation a few times, privateers better have a big fuel budget. :bonk:

James

Staff member
They removed freestone texas. All the riders hated it because it is so hot there.
Can't say I blame them. If Redbud wasn't so iconic they'd probably do the same thing to it. The triple digit temps are somewhat bearable, however thanks to where Redbud is situated the humidity takes it over the top.

You know that might also be why they don't have any in Florida or any of the other southern states. :noidea: :lol:

May 18 - Hangtown Motocross Classic - Sacramento, Calif.
May 25 - Thunder Valley National - Lakewood, Colo.
June 1 - Bristol National - Blountville, Tenn.
June 8 - High Point National - Mt. Morris, Pa.
June 22 - Budds Creek National - Mechanicsville, Md.
June 29 - Moto X 338 National - Southwick, Mass.
July 6 - RedBud National - Buchanan, Mich.
July 20 - Washougal National - Washougal, Wash.
July 27 - Spring Creek National - Millville, Minn.
August 10 - Unadilla National - New Berlin, N.Y.
August 17 - TBA - TBA
August 24 - Lake Elsinore National - Lake Elsinore, Calif.

Looks like they finally removed one of the two Pennsylvania tracks.

Dang nothing like crisscrossing the nation a few times, privateers better have a big fuel budget. :bonk:

Yeah I never understood why they did that... Isnt it better to start on one side of the country and move towards the other side???
Is it possible that they (the factories) want the privateer to struggle more with travel expenses than to keep their bikes rolling? I know when Doug Henry took top 3@ Southwick a few years ago it was a huge upset in the factory tents...

James

Staff member
Yeah I never understood why they did that... Isnt it better to start on one side of the country and move towards the other side???
Is it possible that they (the factories) want the privateer to struggle more with travel expenses than to keep their bikes rolling? I know when Doug Henry took top 3@ Southwick a few years ago it was a huge upset in the factory tents...
No I don't see how the "factories" have any control over that, MX Sports handles everything.

No I don't see how the "factories" have any control over that, MX Sports handles everything.

I didnt say they had control but they also have the travel budget you and I don't. Imagine the financial commitment it takes a privateer to do 3-5 races for example Unadilla, Mt Morris, Buds creek, Bristol and Southwick. All relatively close here on the east coast. Its an easy 3k in fuel for my truck to hit all these races, now throw in parts, bikes tires etc etc.....hotel costs, food bills vehicle expenses by the time you travel you're exhausted as well.... These kids aren't hopping a plane from Boston Mass to Michigan to meet up with there practice bike and trainer... these guys are driving.... I don't see the factories crying about traveling anytime soon.... just my $.02

yeah that is pretty dumb. I don't think I could handle the stres of being a privateer. I don't understand how they would still have fun with the sport.

yeah that is pretty dumb. I don't think I could handle the stres of being a privateer. I don't understand how they would still have fun with the sport.

Because of their undieing love for the sport. I play the lottery once a week in hope that I win and cand spend the remainder of my life on a motorcycle.

Because of their undieing love for the sport. I play the lottery once a week in hope that I win and cand spend the remainder of my life on a motorcycle.
yeah I know its fun. But, i dont know if i would like it after the pressure from sponsers, never getting to see your family, worring about the price of everything, and all the traveling. I couldn't do it

2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Schedule
May 18 - Hangtown Motocross Classic
May 25 - Thunder Valley National
June 1 - Bristol National
June 8 - High Point National
June 22 - Budds Creek National
June 29 - Moto-X 338 National
July 6 - RedBud National
July 20 - Washougal National
July 27 - Spring Creek National
August 10 - Unadilla National
August 17 - Utah National
August 24 - Lake Elsinore National

2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Schedule
May 18 Hangtown Motocross Classic
May 25 Thunder Valley National
June 1 Bristol National
June 8 High Point National
June 22 Budds Creek National
June 29 Moto-X 338 National
July 6 RedBud National
July 20 Washougal National
July 27 Spring Creek National
August 10 Unadilla National
August 17 Utah National
August 24 Lake Elsinore National

I might have to attend the lake Elsinore race... I haven't been to a MX race in a very long time! :ride:...... :thumb: