Other 2013 KTM's

haters gunna hate.
He put one ride on it (after the shop prepped it) and something happened with it. Before long the fuel pump was discovered to have had a factory defect. Then diagnostics lights came on, and his EFI unit went out. This bike was bough new factory prepped, and I know for a fact he takes good care of his stuff. Anyhow, he sold the bike (or still is) and had the shop drop and order with his name on it for a new 2013 SX250

He put one ride on it (after the shop prepped it) and something happened with it. Before long the fuel pump was discovered to have had a factory defect. Then diagnostics lights came on, and his EFI unit went out. This bike was bough new factory prepped, and I know for a fact he takes good care of his stuff. Anyhow, he sold the bike (or still is) and had the shop drop and order with his name on it for a new 2013 SX250
What does this have to do with this thread?

*Interesting fast i learned today
the 2012 450sxf factory edition has a unicam engine. did not know haha.
hey does anyone know if they have the sperate oil compartments like the Honda?

I like the camera angles they did on that video. Still can't swallow the cool aid orange, BUT, they are really advanced and nice bikes for sure. After riding both of the twins bikes it was nice.

Just for FYI, in 2012, approx 30% of all KTM four strokes sold had EFI problems. The Kehien Throttle bodies could not take the heat of the ultra-lean FI as it came from the factory, and therefore fried the TPS and the MAP sensors. My 500 XC-W was one of them. The factory did not have a solution or even a reply to my dozens of inquiries as to what their plans were to make it right.

So I sold it. Now the 2013 has a completely different throttle body, ECU, and FI nozzle.

Enter 2013: Approx 5,000 2013 450 SX-F/XC-F and Euro 500 XCF-W models have been recalled, and KTM dealers are on a 'sale stop' for these models. Apparently, one of KTM's subcontractors manf substandard Cam Towers, and the Cams have been seizing in the motor in the first 15 hours.

Remember, in 2007-2011, all KTM 530's were recalled for 'oil migration issues' involving a oil pump that was substandard, and 'cam tower under-tolerance' causing cam journal seizures at about 50 hours.

I still want a 2013 450 XC-F.........

*Interesting fast i learned today
the 2012 450sxf factory edition has a unicam engine. did not know haha.
hey does anyone know if they have the sperate oil compartments like the Honda?
The 2013 450 SX-F is the same as the 2012 Dungey replica :)