Other 2013 crf250r flooded?

Hi guys,

Got a 2013 crf 250r it's a dream. Until today.

Anyway had a ride on it, was brilliant. Come home and changed the oil started up etc. A week later I come home to check out the throttle because it has been sticking and change gear lever as I bent it.

Noticed also I left the choke on while it's been sitting in garage for a week.

Anyway took throttle cables off and sprayed some lube down and pulled the cables (open and close throttle)

Re applied grips and cables etc and the bike won't start at all! Just wondering if I have flooded engine even tho it's efi? How do I fix this engine if it's flooded? Strong petrol smell too when kicking.

Cheers!
Matt C

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 5
Will check the plug, and nope don't have a manual I've checked online for one but no luck!
Embarrassing but to be honest don't know how to push start!
Will give it a go after watching s few videos.
Cheers

If you pulled the plug, did you kick it through a few times to release any of the gases in the cylinder? If you do push start it, I would go 3rd or more, 2nd will most likely just skid. Also when kicking either do not touch the throttle or hold it wide open while kicking.

as CDA said, remove the plug and kick a few times to help get air in the cyl and fuel out. Even let it sit with plug out for an hour, maybe use air hose to blow air in plug hole to evap the fuel. Put plug back in and try again. Leaving choke on with bike just sitting has no effect.

Haven't got the tools to pull plug so will do some research and buy them.
But some updates anyway ...

I get the piston to TDC and the thing backfires on me. Not sure what's happening and read up about valves etc, the bike was sold to me with new valves in it!

Yeah I tried bump starting but I'm on my own and on flat ground so was a pain and wheel was just locking up in 1st.

Any ideas?

Matt

Sound cheers. Will try again Wednesday. Just ordered new spark plug and some tools anyway and I've at least got s spare if the plugs ok. Hopefully just flooded!

I imagine I can just take hose from underneath fuel tank and nothing will come through as it's EFI?

Cheers