Pro 2013 Baja 500 Class 22

Starting order:
CLASS 22 (7)
4x Robby Bell(THR Kawi this team is stacked! in addition to Bell there is David Pearson, Steve Hengeveld and Taylor Robert)
13x Nicola Dutto
1x Timmy Weigand(JCR Honda) other riders: David Kamo, Colton Udall
6x Mark Adams
2x Kurt Caselli(KTM) other riders: Mike Brown, Ivan Ramirez
14x Kendall Norman(first race for KTM) and Ryan Abbotoye
7x Arron Wright

wish I could find a bigger one
Baja 500 map.jpg

New Rule: sportsman classes now find out that they will run a severely shortened version of the course. They will avoid the entire Summit, Laguna Salada, Borrego and San Matias, nearly all the challenging parts of the course.
The goal of this is to keep the motorcycles as far away from the pursuing Trophy Trucks as possible. It is designed for safety reasons, but the course for these riders is now so far away from the historical challenge of Baja racing, it would be hard to see many wanting to participate. The sportsman course will hardly be more than a casual day’s ride.
http://www.enduro360.com/2013/05/23/blog/chillys-baja-500-preview/

You will be able to get updates on the bikes as they pass through checkpoints here:
http://www.facebook.com/BreauxmanLIVE?fref=ts

Race Dates: May 31-June 2

a little preview from last year :drool:

No matter how you spin, it the Baja 500 this year just got a lot more interesting.
1. JCR Honda, leading in points no surprise here. Great team…organized and expierenced.
2. Factory KTM, penelized to second at the 250. Hungry, well funded with very fast motorcycles and riders. Determined but still going to school in Baja.
3. Kendall Norman with his new team on a factory supported KTM. Talk about hungry? Both teams ahead of him(factory KTM and Honda) have many reason to fear him, Kendall is never happy or settles for second. He has beat Caselli staight up in a H&H this year and has something to prove to JCR. Don’t overlook his team mate Ryan Abatoye, much faster and talented in Baja then given credit for.
4. THR Kawasaki. Always a threat and last years Baja 500 winner. Great proven bikes, fast motivated expierenced riders and Bob Bell managed. The only team to pull time on Honda in Baja last year. Got bit by the rule book at the 250 look for revenge for the 500.
I wish all the teams good luck and hope for good clean penalty free race. I can’t wait, let the racing begin!
:thumb:

Should be an interesting race. I just hope the new organizer gets it dialed in better for the bikes, or you will start to lose those entries. Nothing near the entries when I was down there in 91 though. we will see how Norman does on this new scooter.

Should be an interesting race. I just hope the new organizer gets it dialed in better for the bikes, or you will start to lose those entries. Nothing near the entries when I was down there in 91 though. we will see how Norman does on this new scooter.

this will be interesting, not knowing how much time he actually has on the bike, certainly it must be more than just the middle of last week when he announced it.

My predictions, both KTM teams (Caselli and Norman) will podium like they did in San Felipe. I think the kawi team has a lot of talent, but Robert has never raced Baja before. I will go out on a long shot and say the podium will be orange and green this time around, in which order I won't try to predict.

this will be interesting, not knowing how much time he actually has on the bike, certainly it must be more than just the middle of last week when he announced it.

My predictions, both KTM teams (Caselli and Norman) will podium like they did in San Felipe. I think the kawi team has a lot of talent, but Robert has never raced Baja before. I will go out on a long shot and say the podium will be orange and green this time around, in which order I won't try to predict.

I think you could be right about the podium. I would like to see Caselli win.