Pro 2011 SX TV Schedule

oh I got it. That's a long time. Here we go with split up races and weird tv times.And spoilers from someone who read a points standing.:smirk:

It's gonna be good tonight. I can't wait to see where the cards fall.:thumb: :ride: braaaaap!

Yeah its Bullshit that they aren't all live... I have no idea why CBS is involved if they aren't willing to coin up for Live broadcasts in its entirety:rant:

James

Staff member
Yeah its Bullshit that they aren't all live... I have no idea why CBS is involved if they aren't willing to coin up for Live broadcasts in its entirety:rant:
I agree :thumb: However a couple years ago we didn't have any live races did we? I know that last year we had only 6 live and this year they've added another. :banana:

I agree :thumb: However a couple years ago we didn't have any live races did we? I know that last year we had only 6 live and this year they've added another. :banana:

I was having a perfectly good shit fit here...lol
I agree we do havemore live races, but the amount of racing coverage has shrunk. We used to get Canadian Nats, Arenacross, supercross and nationals along with about 10 euro MX events.

Maybe 4 of the events were live but racing was year round TV...:banana:

Anyway, based on what I read in the Stewart device thread I think we are in for a hard tumble in our sport. SX tickets are in the $100 plus area and its just a matter of time before its just like Nascar.

James

Staff member
I agree we do havemore live races, but the amount of racing coverage has shrunk. We used to get Canadian Nats, Arenacross, supercross and nationals along with about 10 euro MX events.

Maybe 4 of the events were live but racing was year round TV...:banana:
I'm going to have to sort of disagree, has coverage shrunk? Maybe on local (and some cable) TV broadcasts, but everything seems to be shifting online. And I think there's actually more coverage now, the problem though is that there's not really a central location, so to speak. Alli Sports has really stepped up with the Outdoor series though, have you ever seen this? http://www.allisports.com/motocross They'll stream the first moto live online (with commentary) and then CBS, NBC, or Speed picks up the second moto on TV. Plus here you can actually watch past races, full length as well. :thumb: http://www.allisports.com/motocross/archive

I know that last year Speed also had full length videos of the lites class (not sure about the 450f's).
Anyway, based on what I read in the Stewart device thread I think we are in for a hard tumble in our sport. SX tickets are in the $100 plus area and its just a matter of time before its just like Nascar.
You're right and I don't like it. :foul: It's becoming to corporate and it's very hard for privateers to make it.

Around here bottom row seats are $45 (plus $10 in fees venue :foul:) and top row seats are $10 (plus $7 in fees) http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/050044F3AD7EA7D1?artistid=821673&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=25

I'm going to have to sort of disagree, has coverage shrunk? Maybe on local (and some cable) TV broadcasts, but everything seems to be shifting online. And I think there's actually more coverage now, the problem though is that there's not really a central location, so to speak. Alli Sports has really stepped up with the Outdoor series though, have you ever seen this? http://www.allisports.com/motocross They'll stream the first moto live online (with commentary) and then CBS, NBC, or Speed picks up the second moto on TV. Plus here you can actually watch past races, full length as well. :thumb: http://www.allisports.com/motocross/archive

I know that last year Speed also had full length videos of the lites class (not sure about the 450f's).

You're right and I don't like it. :foul: It's becoming to corporate and it's very hard for privateers to make it.

Around here bottom row seats are $45 (plus $10 in fees venue :foul:) and top row seats are $10 (plus $7 in fees) http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/050044F3AD7EA7D1?artistid=821673&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=25

Privateers will suffer and so will we. $$$$$Factories are sweeping everything now cause they have $$$ for 4T R&D that the little shops don't have.. Another win for the factories and the 4t. too much going on..... In the early 80's (1982?) they outlawed works bikes and custom parts because the privateer couldn't compete.
The Factories had to use production bikes from then on and parts that could be made or bought by the average rider. Engine technology was open to interpretation as long as they used parts availble to the public.. etcetc How it went together is another story.... Privateers don't have that edge now with all the new in house tech. Mitch payton certainly isnt gonna give you one of his motors unless you are getting a PC paycheck.. know what I mean?
Anyway back to TV... more live coverage yes indeed... less coverage in general.. maybe. I don't know with all the live streaming and stuff.... I can't do that anyway. Using an air card here in the Boondocks.

James

Staff member
Anyway back to TV... more live coverage yes indeed... less coverage in general.. maybe. I don't know with all the live streaming and stuff.... I can't do that anyway. Using an air card here in the Boondocks.
Yeah it seems like in this day and age if you don't have a high speed (at 3mb) internet connection, you miss out. For example, did you see the MXoN race last year? (Live that is.) I didn't see it on any TV, but I did stream it live on the internet. :ride:

The same with tonight's race, it's not on TV, but I'm going to try those links TWS posted. :thumb:

Yeah it seems like in this day and age if you don't have a high speed (at 3mb) internet connection, you miss out. For example, did you see the MXoN race last year? (Live that is.) I didn't see it on any TV, but I did stream it live on the internet. :ride:

The same with tonight's race, it's not on TV, but I'm going to try those links TWS posted. :thumb:

James, would you be kind enough to post up if you find it live on-line? Thanks in advance. N-edge :thumb: