2011 ktm sx125

Hey I recently just bought a ktm
125 and it has had a new top end and crank but I can still pretty much start it with my and and when it's kicked they kickstart smacks against the peg also the rear shock cannot be hired for sag as it spins and does nothing . Plus choke won't stay up , any help please

You need to do a compression test, but you need to ba able to kick the bike over fully so first pull off your kick start and move it forward all the way untill it's as close to hitting the exh. Pipe as possible. Then put a compression gauge on and kick it over several times, you should have around 170 psi give or take 20 psi. If you don't, then check your air filter and exhaust for restrictions, if this checks out you maybe a problem with your piston/rings/cylinder. As far as your choke problem, either the choke assembly is broken inside and you need to order a new one, or it may just be dirty and need cleaned. Hopefully this will get you started in the right direction.

Edit.....as far as the shock, it sounds like the nut may be stripped inside on the threads, in this case you will need a new preload adjustment nut and go fom there.

During the compression test remember to hold the throttle open or remove it (slide or carburetor) all together. You can get a false (low) reading with the carburetor slide causing an obstruction.

Get a manual as soon as you can.